PDA

View Full Version : hons

hons101
23-12-10, 12:44
Hi there,

My name is Hons and I have had anxiety/DR/depression for the last six months. After a few months I decided to start on medication and so my doctor put me on 10mg citralopram . I stayed on this for a month with no change. My dose was then increased to 20mg. I saw no difference in the first three weeks but then began to notice a good improvement on the fourth week. I then started my second month of 20 mg - I am now on my 6th week and feel that I am going backwards. Each day i struggle with all of the above symptoms. I do get to work and go out but it's still bad. I am now considering upping my dose but am fearing that it will do no good. Do i need to believe in the medication for it to work and does this not mean then that it is purely placebo.

I would really appreciate some advice but positive responses only please.

Thanks.

Hons x

diane07
23-12-10, 12:46
Hi hons101

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paulst
23-12-10, 14:56
Hi Hons welcome to the forum. There is lots of advice in the Citalopram thread in the medication section, I have found it very useful:).

Vanilla Sky
23-12-10, 22:09
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

gaaron
23-12-10, 23:08
Hi Hons101, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

paula lynne
23-12-10, 23:11
Hi Ho:welcome:ns, welcome aboard. I read the BMJ (British Medical Journal) a lot, and placebo drugs give good results actually, compared to the "real"....its basically saying...the mind is a very very powerful thing. Something always has a better chance of working if you believe it will xxxx

hons101
04-01-11, 12:19
Hi Hons welcome to the forum. There is lots of advice in the Citalopram thread in the medication section, I have found it very useful:).

Hi,

Thanks Paulst.

are you taking Citralopram?

Honore :)

paulst
04-01-11, 16:04
Hi Honore, yes I take 40mg of citalopram. I started with 20mg but this didnt help much, so the doc put me on 40 and now I can honestly say I feel quite a lot happier. I still have the odd bad day but Im getting there.:)

hons101
13-01-11, 12:40
Hi Honore, yes I take 40mg of citalopram. I started with 20mg but this didnt help much, so the doc put me on 40 and now I can honestly say I feel quite a lot happier. I still have the odd bad day but Im getting there.:)

Thanks Paul,

im on the first week of 30mg and still feel crap. I know I have to stay positive but it is difficult when each day can be quite difficult. Do the 40mg give you many side effects? I miss being interested in things at the moment..... oh well enough moaning from me.
Thanks for responding.

Hons:)