PDA

View Full Version : weakness in arms..please share if anyone has had

chevychaser
23-03-06, 01:40
Hi everybody...last week it was floaters and now it's this. It's like my mind just can't except that everything could be ok. I have this weird sensation that comes and goes that my arms and hands are weak. I keep gripping things to make sure they are working. It's very scary as i think It could be a stroke or something...please share your stories if you've had this or similar....cheers..im freaking out

boy
23-03-06, 02:15
Yep I have had that before. You just feel like you can't hold something tight enough.

mandie
23-03-06, 09:33
Hi

Yes i get this too. Sometimes i feel like i cant hold anything cause my hands are so weak. They feel strange too.

babydoll
26-03-06, 20:28
Hi

I get this too. I have had it in my arms, hands and legs on and off for about a year now. It hasn't got any worst just stays the same but it is very debilatating and scary, yet another symptom of aniexty the list is endless!!!

babydoll x

wendy
26-03-06, 21:08
Hi

Scary isnt it! Please be assured though this is purley an anxiety symptom, I have it a lot and you will not come to any harm xx

hunny
27-03-06, 09:19
Hiya
I get exactly the same thing
I felt as if my hands didnt belong to me and that i was really weak
The Dr checked my grip etc and said it was fine but i really felt weak
Perception can be really warped(well mine is)
Its really anxiety and you are ok,please dont be scared
Love
Hunny xx

Piglet
27-03-06, 09:46
I have had this also!!!

Do you ever remember laughing so hard at school with your mates then not being able to write for a few minutes cos your hands were too weak to grip a pencil - 'weak with laughter'.

Anxiety is an emotion much as laughter is and if laughing can make you weak then its not surprising that other emotions can too.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

scfan
30-03-06, 22:06
I am having this problem as we speak. Mostly on my left arm. It feels really weak and wierd.

Scares me to death.

Forrest
31-03-06, 13:08
yes i had that last week with my thumb where i couldnt grip anything to good i stressed all day with it because i need my grip for work iam a tile setter..

inberlin
02-04-06, 14:30
hi, yeah i have had that too, usually in the mornings for some reason, definitely an anxiety symptom...