PDA

View Full Version : undiagnosed chest pains and feel like starting flu daily

dozwold
23-12-10, 17:39
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone else can help or tell me what tests I can do. I am 35 male, have general anxiety and some depression. I have had teh followig problems for a few months, including chest pains, usually just between my ribs or under my left rib and its constant though can calm down (but still be there) after I take 2 Iboprofen and also a Zantac but works best when taken together. Pain feels similar to what heartburn is supposed to feel like but it cant be that as I have gone on courses of antibiotics and also omeprazole for 2 weeks on a high dose and didnt help at all. It Feels a bit like gas is trapped and trying to escape from behind my chest towards my left side. Also feels like its sqeezing my heart slowly. Its always there - sometimes worse sometimes not too bad but always feel it. However, it goes into my arms sometimes and back and my left hand can get tingly too. Pain does go less a little when i lean back rather than forward but it changes, there is no real pattern. I also generally feel mainly cold but sometimes get very hot (usually when i panic more). I went to see a cardiologist and heart looks OK after an ECG, and Echo, and a stress test. I also now seem to have high blood pressure (its untreated as its spikes and not always high). What has been worrying me even more is that every day I wake up and my throat feels tense and hard to swallow (dr looked and sees nothing too abnormal), my left side of neck is slightly thicker and is in pain alot. Lastly, for the last 3 months I keep spitting out white frothy and sometimes thick white phlegm (currently in a lab so will know if anything in teh phlemn). It feels like the begining of getting flu when you can start to feel your throat tingling and feel generally ill and every day its the same - the beginings of a cold or flu without the fever but with the lowered energy levels. my lungs sound ok according to the dr and the stetoscope.. And I breath fine and not astmatic apart from holiding breath due to anxiety. This phlemn could or could not be from stopping smoking a couple of month ago but i doubt it. I just hope its not some sort of dangerous virus. I have had unprotected sex in the past, quite a few times but a few years ago, but Im too scared to get tested as im just so anxious. Had regular blood tests dont show anything too abnormal apart from slightly increased Ferritin levels. My long term girlfriend does not show any of these symptoms. She says she will get tested first if it makes me less scared, but still scared. Of course - as an anxious person who has undiagnosed illneses I cant blame me. By the way, I am on day 5 of Citalopram and I simply struggle every day to live properly. I donty know what to do or what tests to check. Thanks Dozwold