PDA

View Full Version : severe headache when I cough

gordie1
23-12-10, 21:11
Ive had a chest infection the last week and just today Ive started to get a severe headache when coughing, it feels as if my head is about to explode. Has anyone heard of this? Im worried I might burst a blood vessel in my head or have a stroke. Its a severe pounding when I cough

Shelz77
23-12-10, 21:18
Hiya Gordie, I always get chest infections thanks to my asthma. It's pretty normal for me to get a pounding headache as well as other achy parts of my body due from coughing so much. I usually take something for my headache and drinking lots of water helps too. Take care :)

Zee
23-12-10, 21:19
Hi Gordie
That sounds like Sinus.s to me. Does your head hurt/feel full when you lean forward.

I get sinus headaches sometimes and they are horrible

ladybird64
23-12-10, 21:55
Hi.

I would agree with what Shelz has written, I'm also asthmatic and unwell at the moment and the cough is driving me nuts.

I can't stop it, it makes my face go purple and I actually see dots swirling in front of my eyes. I also don't know which hurts most, my head which feels like it is going to explode or my ribs which feel like I have been kicked.

So all in all, it's horrible but completely harmless. Lots to drink and painkillers are the order of the day. :)