PDA

View Full Version : do you feel.......

Anxious_gal
24-12-10, 02:22
do you feel like the odd one out?
do you feel different from others but can't put your finger on it?
do you get jealous of other people and wonder why people want to be their friend but not yours?
do you assume people won't like you?
do you find you are only confident around certain types of people?
have you lost friends over the years because you find it hard to connect with them on an emotional level?
when people want to be your friend and hang out with you, do you wonder why or wonder if they just feel sorry for you?

spiral
24-12-10, 18:52
Yes to all of those!

I often feel jealous that other people have lots of friends but actually when I sit down and think about it I don't like many people all that much...

I don't like talking unless I have something to stay so I often find there's awkward silences... I know that I can be hard work to have a conversation with :-(

Towers
24-12-10, 19:04
Hi,

Mishel; Yes to statements 1, 2, 4 + 5

Spiral; I'm also not much of a talker but I do have a slight stammer and I often think that is why I am not keen on talking - plus I am shy aswell) and some people say I am hard work to talk to!:shrug:

HarrogateChris
24-12-10, 19:13
Yep.

I'm just learning that the reason is more to do with how I feel about myself than about how other's see me. It turns out I'm OK and I just need to believe that. :hugs:

Chris

spiral
24-12-10, 19:16
No-one's ever said i'm hard work but i often feel that they are thinking it. Especially during those awkward silences!

My husband has a slight stammer and doesn't like talking to new people much. We manage to talk a lot to each other except when we are apart and have to do it by phone. Neither of us like talking on the phone.

Often I listen to conversations that other people are having (eg in the pub) and they are quite boring! Perhaps I'm setting the bar too high...

debs71
24-12-10, 19:28
Mishel, yes to all but number 3.xx

I don't feel jealous of people's friendships, but I feel jealous of peoples ability to enjoy friendships, as I am,and always have been, a very solitary person, and don't have a need for loads of friends around me, and I don't know why I feel that way. I cut myself off socially a lot. I don't know if this is an underlying depressive trait, but I don't feel very depressed, only at certain times. Even with the couple of friends I have, I don't see them often as they live far from me. People find me odd as I don't go out and do friends things, but that is who I am.

cherbear32
24-12-10, 20:57
I'm very much like you debs71

debs71
24-12-10, 21:34
ahh, hi cherbear (I love your name)

It is nice to know I'm not alone.xxxxxx:hugs:

dictatorship
25-12-10, 12:01
Yes to all of those!

I often feel jealous that other people have lots of friends but actually when I sit down and think about it I don't like many people all that much...

I don't like talking unless I have something to stay so I often find there's awkward silences... I know that I can be hard work to have a conversation with :-(

i totally get you spiral. i hate people. they've hurt me all my life and i feel like just being done with them....just so much hurt - i'm tired of the bullshit!

i've also had problems getting along with them, all my life. i haven't had any (at all) close friends i connect with on an emotional level. maybe perhaps in elementary school!!! but i find that people in general dont' like me! oh well.

anyone else or am i alone?

gypsywomen
25-12-10, 12:45
big fat yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss