PDA

View Full Version : introduce my self

amanda*43
24-12-10, 09:17
Hello all

I found this site while looking on the net, and it looks really good and helpful, so thought I would join.
I have had anxiety problems in the past but have been OK for years. In the last 18 months have had a couple of bereavements in the family and some other problems and I was so pleased that I coped with everything well and did what I needed to do and was able to support everyone around me, then last week I woke up in the night with a pounding heart and an absolute feeling of dread. Had one panic attack after the other all night. It was awful. Went to the GP yesterday, she have given me some Diazepam, just for a few days. I am still shaking like a leaf and feel awful. I have not confided in my family, how I feel, I cannot tell anyone, which is why I decided to join this site to be able to communicate with people who understand what its like! Don't quite understand about threads and posts etc so hope I have got this right.
Well, take care everyone.
Bye. :)

nomorepanic
24-12-10, 09:19
Hi amanda*43

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Groundhog
24-12-10, 10:15
hi amanda and welcome

Joining here is like starting a new job isn’t it , don’t know anyone and having to find where everything is. Your new ’work colleagues’ are a very nice bunch though. :)

paulst
24-12-10, 10:16
Hi Amanda, welcome to the forum, Im really glad you found us.:)

amanda*43
24-12-10, 10:29
Many thanks for your kind welcome.
Hope you have a good christmas

paula lynne
24-12-10, 10:57
A belated welcome Amanda, you will find lots of help and support on this wonderful forum, and make some friends along the way. x:welcome:

happycamper
24-12-10, 11:44
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forum.

I can relate to your post, after coping what I thought was very well with various family 'crises' in shortish space of time that coping ability left me earlier this year.

I found this web site, realised I was not alone and over the last few months gradually admitted how I feel to myself and other people and got the help I needed and now feel lots better, fingers crossed!

Hope things work out better for you soon too. X