PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me please!!! :(

kay1986
24-12-10, 19:30
Was told by my doc yesterday that i have flu!!!, but because i have mild asthmahe prescribed me with a 5 day course of tamiflu!!, am so scared im going to develop swine flu or numonia (however you spell it), been taking the tamiflu for 1 1/2 days now but felt a little better earlier today, but i have also started to feel a little more wheezy than normal and my ribs hurt when i cough!!!! have been reading reviews about tamiflu and there are lots of people who have had negative side effects!, since reading them in the last our i have started to become a little light headed and my eyesight seems a little foggy!, am so scared not sure if this as a result of reading the reviews and becoming anxious or wether i am getting worse!!!!!! :weep:

ann01
24-12-10, 19:40
Hi kay I was exactly the same last year when I took tamiflu, I didn't read the leaflet until 2 days in then bam all symtoms kicked in, our thoughs carry us away Hun when we suffer anxiety. Your ribs will be sore if you have flu, try not to worry easier said than done I know, I got myself in a right mess last year when i had it, but it was just cause I read the side effects.
Take care
Ann

Dizz
24-12-10, 20:33
Hiya Kay1986

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I'm coming down with a corker of a cold too (I hope mines not Flu)...Xmas Eve and here it comes GREAT.... NOT !!

If you have flu or a really bad cold then your will feel lightheaded, wheezy, fuzzy eyed etc anyway as that's how colds/flu work unfortunately and it wont be the Tamiflu.

I know loads of people who had to take it last year and obviously it can't rid you of the symptoms of the flu/cold straight away and they will get worse before they get better.

Some were actually better after a few days as it seems they only had bad colds in the end but were given TF as a precaution... some didn;t even take it and were better withing days anyway.

Some of the kids did have a few side effects after taking it ie being sick (vomiting) but that was mainly kids and not adults.

Dont worry about reading all the negative reviews and side effects as any possible side effects, no matter how very rare, have to be listed and as for reviews... well people only tend to 'review' things if they think it is bad.

It is very rare that people 'review' things online if they have a had a good experience of something or it has helped them.

Hope you feel better soon and hhope you have a good christmas xx