PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Morning Anxiety

heavenly
25-12-10, 08:21
Don't know about you, but I woke early this morning, with anxiety. The pressure of 'I must feel ok today, I must feel hungry etc'. Silly, I know I can tell my sister I don't feel great but I don't want to let anyone down.

Anyone else feel like this? I just want to have a nice non eventful day, nothing exciting, just no anxiety really. Hopefully as the day goes on, I will do.

Hope everyone has a calm Xmas day. :hugs:

honeyp1e
25-12-10, 08:35
Happy Christmas....

I think alot of us would have woken feeling this way kknowing where going to be surrounded by family and friends and we don't want to be anxious today of all days but tried not to dread on it as i find the more we think (oh not today please) then we will feel anxious so just chill, relax and try enjoyng christmasd it will be over before you no it just take every hour as it comes and if you do feel anxious then SO WHAT just let it pass..

The thing am dreading is dinner i have not eaten dinner any hot foods since about aug as i lost all my appetite due to my anxiety bein so high :weep: but i have started eating just over 2weeks ago and it has only been bread, sandwichs, crisp & biscuits so facing this roast dinner is a big thing for me but we can do it just a bite at a time :)

Enjoy the rest of your day x take care x

Hazel B
25-12-10, 12:10
Thinking of you and hope it eases off as the day goes on. :hugs:x

Groundhog
25-12-10, 13:06
Dont feel to bad but the anxiety is definitely knocking at the door but I’m determined not to let it in.

:hugs:to all

yvonne_uk_98
25-12-10, 13:52
Hi all,

I hope you all get through today without too much anxiety. only need a little anxiety that's normal. not too much.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today, and your families too.

love

Yvonne

HVC
25-12-10, 15:54
Got through the day with the panic building up now and then but just talking to myself (in my head.. don't want anyone knowing how I am feeling) to just go with it.. don't fight it and don't panic.. they are just sensations brought on my my negative thoughts.. not easy though wish I could just find the off button. Started back on my Citalopram today, have'nt taken it for about a year now.. trouble is I know it doesn't bring sudden relief as it took about two weeks to kick in last time.. oh well.. everyday that goes by I will be closer to feeling my old self again. oh a positive thought.. hold on to that !

AJS
25-12-10, 16:53
I feel exactly the same and thought "that's me" when i read your post!
I have a constant mind battle with my negative thoughts - but have survived today - cooked my first xmas dinner - although only for 3 but went well. Got the family coming up at 6 - a wee bit apprehensive - but will survive as always. I'm on citalopram too.
Hope you have a wonderful day and keep chatting - I find it the best distraction method - when i have nothing to do and have time to sit down is when the mind chatter starts!
Merry Christmas!

keval
25-12-10, 17:19
...when i have nothing to do and have time to sit down is when the mind chatter starts!
Hi AJS,

So true! I often feel as though I'm sitting on top of an anxiety volcano. If I can keep my mind occupied with good stuff, I can sometimes get by. But, when faced with those 'quiet times', the volcano erupts with often disastrous consequences!

Best wishes.

keval

heavenly
26-12-10, 10:42
I hope everyone had a nice calm day yesterday. Well me and other half went for a bracing walk along the seafront first thing yesterday which did me good and as the day progressed, I felt ok, so all in all, it wasn't bad at all. And this morning, no depression or anxiety when I woke, first time in a month! So progress indeed. Seeing my GP on the 30th to discuss upping from 20mg to 30mg Citalopram as I think my dose needs tweaking a bit.

Happy Boxing Day everyone, have a good day. xx

Hazel B
26-12-10, 20:01
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.:hugs::D:)x