PDA

View Full Version : New member.

Dsaundo2010
25-12-10, 10:36
Hi all,

I'v just joined today (strange day to join your all thinking) but i really needed somewhere to talk and voice my experiances so that others could re-assure me that I'm not going crazy or that I'm not going to die. I'v been suffering bad since september with panic/anxiety I get numbness down the left side of my body pins and needles, shaking, nausea, really bad chest pains, suffercation feeling, head ache, dizziness, feeling scared. :weep: I'v been to A&E and had an ECG and all the usual stuff and have been diagnosed with panic/anxiety I'v had councelling but still feel this way, I'ts really starting to impact on my life and feel like i will never be able to have a normal life. I'm just looking for re-assurance really so i know that I'm not alone with this. I am convinced that I have a heart problem or that I am going to have a stroke (I am only 25 and I know that this all In my head but cannot stop thinking like this). Thanks for reading guys!

nomorepanic
25-12-10, 10:40
Hi Dsaundo2010

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

cattttt
26-12-10, 00:59
You are definately not alone in this. I'm 55 and Ive been anxious as long as I can remember, since I was a child. It comes and goes, some good times, some bad times, but you learn to cope with it, ride through the bad times, and make the most of the good times. As I've got older, it has become more of a routine to deal with the bad times-here we go again, start with the coping strategies, talk to myself, relax, whatever helps. Last year, I got myself a wonderful counsellor. She's been a sufferer herself, so she knows how it feels. It's expensive, but it really helps, maybe you didn't go on for long enough with it. It was six months before it started to help me.
Coming on here was a good thing too, talking to others in the same boat is great.

Dsaundo2010
26-12-10, 10:08
Hi,

And thanks for the advice, I agree with what you said about the counseling I only has three sessions and when I started making improvements she was so quick to discharge me! So happy to hear that what I am feeling is normal and Im not alone its ok whne your not having attacks, but whn you have one it feels like you are the only person in the world and that something awfull will happen.