PDA

View Full Version : feeling sick

henri
23-03-06, 09:56
Hi everyone,

I know this is the most common symptom of anxiety, but I have been feeling so much better recently that it has taken me by surprise. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling absolutely terrible, really really sick. I felt like even moving a little bit would make me feel more sick.
Woke up this morning, don't feel as bad but still feel nauseous and have got a really funny tummy (could it be IBS?).
The thing is, how can you tell when these symptoms are just anxiety related and when they are part of something bigger, like flu or something? When I used to feel sick the whole time, I would force myself to get up and do stuff because I knew it was just anxiety related. But today I feel like it might be something more.
I've got so much to do today and I'm just wasting the day by lying in bed thinking about how sick i'm feeling. It's stupid because i've been through the worst panic and come out the other side, I should be able to deal with this, but I just can't.
I would just like a bit of reassurance and advice about this - i don't know what to do.

Henri

Alexandra
23-03-06, 10:49
Hi Hun

So sorry to hear you had a bad night & do'nt feel to well this morning.

Have you made an appointment with your doctor just for your own peice of mind if your feeling that bad?

Sorry i could'nt be of more help to you & hope you feel better later today.

Thinking of you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

vernon
23-03-06, 11:06
Hi Henri, Long time since I have seen you, glad you are doing better anxiety wise. My anxiety and phobias are much better too latley, but i do still feel so sick from time to time, I do have IBS and I know anxiety plays a big part in this. But. My two sons went down with a tummy bug, one was off work monday and tuesday he was realy sick and unwell, then the other son got it wednesday to friday. If you havnt normaly been feeling sick latley maybe its a bug? there are a lot about this time of the year, but they are short lived. take care. Vernon

henri
23-03-06, 17:41
thanks you two.
alex, unfortunately the doctors at my local health centre are terrible - it's a waste of time going!
vern, i think you might be right - i've been burning up a bit this afternoon so it's probably just a tummy bug/cold.
i'm trying my hardest not to stress out about it, but you know what it's like when you're feeling nauseous the whole time...
henri x

Piglet
24-03-06, 09:32
Hi henri hun,

This is the tricky one this trying to differentiate between anxiety and illness isn't it.

I often feel sick when I get overtired actually. I think all you can do is just see if it continues and maybe treat it as a bug initially.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.