PDA

View Full Version : Advice on muscles

uk23
25-12-10, 11:16
Hello,

By the time I was 18 I weighed 23 stone and was used to pulling in my stomach at all times because I was selfconcious, now im 23 and weigh 12 stone, I am no longer concious but I cant seem to stop pulling in the muscles.

I have tried, does anyone have any other advice?

Cheers,

Piers

Going home
25-12-10, 17:25
Is your question that you want advise on how to stop pulling in the muscles? Do you mean it hurts you to do it? I guess its like everytzhing in that its 'learned' behaviour, but to be honest most women tend to do this when they think they're overweight and ive read that its ok to do it, it gives you stronger stomach muscles which are better than slack ones. If its not uncomfortable or painful i wouldn't focus on this to be honest.

Anna

Meewah
27-12-10, 17:16
Hi

I feel this is a good habit to have developed as long as it does not cause you to suffer from chronic hyperventilation? I used to stand with good posture and tense my abdominal muscles in until I found I was then breathing in my chest and this was causing no end of anxiety feelings.

Why not do some sit ups to help strengthen your core? This may help you relax them more?

Take Care

Mee