PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel this way?

jothenurse
25-12-10, 19:20
I was over at my brother's for Christmas dinner. I've been under a lot of stress the last couple of weeks (I suffer from panic disorder). My dog had surgery and has had some reactions to that. Plus I have a stressful job and have been working extra hours. My Mom passed away in August, so Christmas is very different/sad this year. I had my son to the emergency room this morning because of a respiratory illness, not so much because it was an emergency, but because it is Christmas and no clinic is open. I was eating at my brothers, and all of a sudden I felt so "distant" from what was being said. I have had feelings of unreality before/depersonalization, so I am wondering if that was it. Then I stood up to just walk around a little bit thinking that it would help, and I felt kind of faint feeling and really just not with it. Then I got a hot flash (I am menopausal). Got panicky, thinking, what if I faint? Is this anxiety or what? Got home and checked my blood pressure, and it was fine. So, am not sure if this is just an accumulation of anxiety or if something else is wrong. It has really scared me, and I have actually been doing better lately. What do you think? Has this happened to anyone before? I just really felt detached and wondered if I was going to faint, plus my stomach got a little upset and I got panicky. Now I'm just on the computer at home, watching tv, and just trying to calm myself and tell myself that this is just an accumulation of stress and that I will be ok. Trying not to get panicky and worried about it.

Dizz
25-12-10, 20:39
Awww sorry to hear that you have had such a worrying and stressfull xmas day Jothenurse. :hugs:

What with you losing your mum recently and sons illness today... not to mention your poor dog and your work stresses no wonder you felt somewhat distant eh.

Xmas....no matter how people try to 'enjoy' it is a stressfull time of the year for anyone and everyone with all the rushing about, preparation and everything else that goes with it ....and for those who actually suffer from any form of stress/anxiety etc it's even worse eh.

Try and put your feet up, relax and have some 'you' time.... you've been through a lot recently by the sounds of it so today will have been very draining for you both mentally and physically.

A nice long soak in the bath, followed by a lovely cool glass of wine and some xmas chololate whilst watching something funny on the tv sounds good to me.

Saying that the TV programmes are a bit naff today eh... full of the usual repeats and nonsense... which is why I'm on my computer again.

Take care and a big hug is being sent your way :hugs:

jothenurse
25-12-10, 20:51
Thanks so much for your reply. So, you think it was just anxiety?

Kristopher :)
25-12-10, 21:40
sorry to hear about your troubles. I think it is anxiety, infact im sure of it. I still get many symptoms and I think "what if this isnt anxiety". Remember, there are soooo many symptoms of it and people can experience different ones from others :)

Dizz
25-12-10, 22:06
Thanks so much for your reply. So, you think it was just anxiety?

A combination off both stress and anxiety definately... been there, one causes the other and vica versa and mind, thoughts and mood can easily make 'it' worse... vicious circle at times but one which CAN be broken x x

jothenurse
26-12-10, 00:36
Thanks for your replies. It helps.

Dizz
27-12-10, 21:03
You feeling any better today Jo and hows your son is he ok too :hugs:

jothenurse
27-12-10, 21:15
I'm at work today. Feel much better.
My son is doing better. No more fever.
Thanks for asking.

NANAX11
30-12-10, 05:20
Absolutely, this is anxiety/panic. Have you read any books by Claire Weeks? If not, go buy one. She is no longer alive, but from her books, I can tell you she was very knowledgeable about all this panic stuff and she makes so much sense! Her angle is to, float past the panic/anxiety and to accept it. I've tried it, it works! I have dealt with anxiety for 40 years and I'm 63! Not everyday and not for long bouts, but a couple of times, at least 3-4 months. Our bodies get so conditioned to the anxiety and panic, that is what causes it to stay around. You got to 'float' around it all. I know it sounds 'crazy', but it can and does work! Hope this helped some.

Abbyb
30-12-10, 10:36
Hi jo

sorry you have had a crappy time recently, bloody panic attacks on top don't help!!

Sounds like stress/anxiety, I always question it when I have panic and then it makes me worse as I think i'm about to End up in hospital, I haven't yet though! Lol

how are things now? X

jothenurse
30-12-10, 22:49
Pretty much just my normal anxiety. I also think it was just stress/anxiety. It tends to accumulate, then I have more feelings of unreality and faint feelings. Work has been very stressful lately, so that doesn't help.
I do have the Claire Weekes book and I agree, it's very good.
How are you doing?