PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

bruceybonus
26-12-10, 00:07
hey peeps

ive been on citalopram (20mg) for 7 weeks now

first 2 to 3 weeks were horrible with side effects making my anxiety worse

then it seemed to be doing the trick with less anxiety etc...

7 weeks on nearly 8 weeks i am feeling heightened anxiety and feel so panicked as i feel like im going backwards rather than forwards.

anyone got any advice? or anyone going through the same thing?

thanks

diane07
26-12-10, 00:10
Hi bruceybonus

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bruceybonus
26-12-10, 00:19
thanks! :-)

Groundhog
26-12-10, 10:22
Hi and welcome

Just replied to another Cit query and now this. My advice is check with your GP as the dose may need increasing, might not be necessary to actually see him/her as they may do it over the phone but worth a call. Take care. :)

lostnanxiety
26-12-10, 15:11
I am feeling the same way with wellbutrin. I feel I am getting worse instead of better. I have also started clenching my jaws and grinding my teeth which is causing me to have sore muscles and headaches all day. I have mentioned this to my Dr and was told it is another symptom of anxiety. Is this correct? IS there no relief for any of this stuff? I do not know if I should change Dr s or suggest we try a different medication...