PDA

View Full Version : HI THERE IM NEW TOO

mart_kt
23-03-06, 11:21
Found this site through google, and thought i would join, cant see it doing any harm.

I have problems with crouds, so pubs , clubs all those sort of places i tend to avoid unless with close friends. I have only come out with my problem to my familly and friends about 18 months ago, but have suffered with it since a car chrash i had in March 91.

Iam getting better, i have joined a Petangue club, metal bowls sort of thing,

but all the people i know, dont know how i feel, and at the mo, i dont really know my self. it seems i have a chicken and egg situation, i want to meet people (dont want to be single all my life) but normal people only go to pubs and clubs, so what do i do ?

I live in Surrey, so if anyone out there can point me in the right direction to find people who are like me, it would be very help ful.

As for drugs, i wont use them, i had alot of pills when i was younger and spent alot of time in hospital for one thing or another...

So hi everyone

Mart

Paddington
23-03-06, 11:44
hello mart and welcome!we all share your symptoms mate,you know where yours stem from too,which is good!Have you had any therapy at all,hypnotherapy is good so i am told on here,it doesnt have to be medication if you dont want it.it is hard to be out and about when you feel anxious,but you are making great strides,joining the club etc,you could post 4 pen pal on here and maybe some on e near you will respond!well you have all of us now any way!!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

trac67
23-03-06, 12:10
Hi Mart,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

sassy
23-03-06, 12:39
hi mart, im emma..im also new to the site and have met many people in my position :)
i get panicky or anxious in crowds/ pubs/ clubs etc and i rarely get out in the evenings.
your certainly not alone here, everyone seems to understand each other so its quite nice.
anyway, welcome aboard lol
take care
em

Alexandra
23-03-06, 12:40
Hi Mart

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Spice
23-03-06, 13:47
Hi Mart

Welcome to the forum.

take care

love
Spice
xxx

Karen
23-03-06, 17:53
Hi Mart

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Meg
23-03-06, 18:17
Good for you Mart on getting yourself this far and making such an effort

You are doing the right things but clubs pubs etc are not the be all and end all and so you may find it better to do less crowded stuff now and build up when you know a few more people.

Something like www.spice.co.uk may suit you better.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

sal
24-03-06, 16:43
Hi Mart

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".