PDA

View Full Version : Weak leg !!!!

pb
26-12-10, 11:43
Left leg feels weak, although i can walk on it perfectly.
Worried its mnd, although im trying to be rational.
Ive had these fears for a couple of weeks now and the weakness comes & goes....

pb
27-12-10, 11:43
leg and foot still feel weak - sooo scared.

j2
27-12-10, 14:35
I have this fear too. From what I am told, things like MND and ALS don't come and go so you can rule those out. It could be anxiety or perhaps a pinched nerve. Either way it doesn't sound like MND. Good luck btw how did you manage to post exactly 24 hours apart to the minute.

pb
27-12-10, 18:11
Thanks for your reply , the timeing of the posts is complete luck !!

pb
27-12-10, 18:32
The weakness in my leg and foot does come and go usually- but ive had it all day today -Scared!!!!

j2
27-12-10, 21:04
I wish I had an answer or self test for you but I don't. All I can tell you is that I have this same thing and have had it off and on for a long time. I know I have read in several places that perceived weakness is a sign of anxiety and you say yourself that you "Left leg feels weak, although i can walk on it perfectly." I really think this is all anxiety for both of us. I just wish I could fully take my advice. Anyway, try and stay positive and post whenever you need to.

J2

pb
29-12-10, 09:22
Sorry to keep posting about the same thing!!
Ankle still feels weak - its been a few days, Maybe ive strained it or something. keep thinking mnd!!!
Interestingly i keep my diaries and when i looked at them there has been other occassions when ive had a weak left leg!!
Im really trying to be rational and tell myself its nothing sinister but its sooo hard ...

speeder
29-12-10, 11:16
Hi - try to stop panicking - the weak leg would not come and go if it was sinister. With mnd, once the muscle looses its strength, it's gone. However, it's very possible to worry yourself into having a weak leg - I know, as I've done it myself countless times - but now my leg is no longer weak so I know it wasn't mnd!

good luck - have a Christmas drink and put your feet up :)

crazyhayz
29-12-10, 18:52
Deffo not MND or any other disease of that sort. Ive spoken with a couple of MND sufferers (as i used to have a huge fear of it), and literally YOU WOULD KNOW 100% if u had this tragic disease.. The weakness comes once the muscle starts wearing away, and it DOES NOT COME AND GO. Once its there thats it. You would also have huge difficulty in moving ur leg or walking, and even swallowing/speaking. You wouldnt be able to use ur ankle/leg much atall and u say u can walk on it fine. DEFFO NOT MND. You are fine!!! :) :) :) Anxiety makes our limbs feel weak and unattached due to heightened senses (which occurs due to increased levels of adrenalin through our nervous system). The more u worry the worse this 'weakness' will get, so just tell urself ur fine and u will start to feel fine. Take care x

amandy1979
29-12-10, 19:22
Funnily enough a similar thing happened to my husband the last week, he was wandering around thinking terribly about it, wondering whether to go to the doctors, when it occured to him that he remembered kicking a pillow of the bed and pulling the muscle, which was probably only made worse by briskly walking the dog, which caused the weakness on top of the pain as he hadnt walked the dog in weeks. Sometimes it helps to backtrack what youve done although im one to talk, as i am another person who thinks worst first.

pb
29-12-10, 20:49
Thanks for all your replies - they do help x