PDA

View Full Version : Im scared

Rennie1989
11-03-04, 21:55
On my topic in panic ''panic attacks at school'' it seems to be getting worse, fear that is.

i have scolionophobia which is a fear of school, i h8 gettin into trouble, shouted at and i fear the grounds and everything inside it.

yesturday i was physicly sick coz i was scared to come to school today. i was off today coz i was still ill but im scared of what may happen tomorrow.

my parents don't understand, nor my school m8s but u do, but if only i could see u, if ya get my drift.

what shall I do[?]

jade:(

Jo
12-03-04, 13:01
Hello Jade - I haven't replied to the messages on the forumn for a while now but I just want too offer my support. You are a brave young lady with your whole life infront of you!! You are not alone in feeling like no-one understands - I think you need to experience it first-hand before appreciating the trauma associated with anxiety/panic. Just wondered whether there is a teacher at school you can confide in Jade?

Keep in touch

Jo xx

Laurie28
12-03-04, 13:13
Jade,

I know it is difficult but pls try and take Jo's advise and see your guidance teacher. Pls try and go to school as avoiding it will make your problem worse. I know that is easier said than done jade but pls do try.

Lucky

Rennie1989
12-03-04, 19:24
i was at skool 2day, cool durin the morning, horrible durin the noon.

most of my teachers now i have em but they don't understand, they donno wats happening 2 me or wat will happen. there is a medical centre but she goes on, litterally, she lovely though.

thanx 4 ur posts

jade

dcaroon
12-03-04, 21:56
Jade,
Have you considered home school?

Rennie1989
12-03-04, 21:59
my parents wont let me, sob sob, i asked em ages ago, but no, o well

jade

Rennie1989
14-03-04, 20:42
im feelin really scared now, only 12hrs and 50mins left before i leave to go to school.

jade

nomorepanic
14-03-04, 21:39
Jade

Try not to count the hours.

Try to think positively about it - say to yourself that you will be fine tomorrow and you can do it.

Please get an early night and try to not worry?

Nicola

Rennie1989
14-03-04, 21:49
its really hard, im shaking and i cant get my mind of it

jade

Luthien
14-03-04, 22:51
Hi Jade,
I'm in Year 11 of school at the moment, and although I don't like it, I've never had problems like yours. I don't think you can just take a deep breath and walk in. I really think you should try focussing the night before, and making sure that there's nothing in particular that worries you at school. Is it a bad experience, someone in particular, worries about failure, etc? There's got to be someone you can turn to for help. If this carries on, you'll be missing ou so please please get some help, whatever kind you think will help you the most. All my love and tell us how you are feeling.

xx~Luthien~xx

Laurie28
15-03-04, 16:11
Jade,

You really need to speak to someone in school or a relative who can make everyne else understand what you are going through. One of your teachers MUST be able to help. have you got a guidance teacher? Can you write everything down that you are experiencing so you can just hand it to a teacher instead of having to explain verbally to them?

How did you get on today?

Can you go to the doctors yourself (i don't know if an adult would have to accompany you?)
What about a health visitor I know they deal with families with children under 5 but I'm POSITIVE they could help you. Even get a phone no from your local doctors surgery and phone a health visitor.

Lucky

Rennie1989
17-03-04, 20:22
luthien- It is very hard, i cant sleep at night, execially on sudays, and ur right, u cant just take a dep breathe and walk in.

lucky- im too young to see a doctor on my own and im very shy when it comes to talking to people who i dont know on the phone. i cant see anyone at school, they dont know nowt about panic attacks so really they cant help, nor understand.

thanx for the advise

jade

jollywalrus
18-03-04, 09:53
My dear Jade, I have first hand experience of this because my son was school phobic from the day he first started school, to the day he left. It is a very long story, but I used to watch him shake on the pavement before he went in to school, and after many years of telling him to face his fears, of having behavioural therapy and being cross with him, he finally fell to the ground and I took him home, and never took him back.
He can't tell me what frightened him, but I am just so sorry I pushed him through it for so many years. It might help you to know that my son studied what he could at home (although even the sight of school work made him very unhappy) and he managed to pass 5 GCSE's. He "officially" left school last year and he now has a job and is the happiest boy alive. I was worried his phobia would extend to other things, but this has not been the case.
I know your parents don't understand, but you don't have to struggle on alone. There is a huge network of people who can help you - we had everyone from counsellors to doctors through our door.
And by the way, you are not too young to see a doctor on your own. My son went often to our kind doctor on his own (he is only 16 now) who wrote to the school on his behalf.
We are all behind you Jade.
Christine

Chris
20-03-04, 02:26
hiya jade...just returend to the forum after lookin in a while back and never returning...sorry nicola...

anyways....i used to be very simular when i was younger...
i made a real mess of school....big style...but that was down to my anxiety....i couldnt do with not being able to escape....to get away from the limelight when i wanted...i used to vomit very badly b4 school, i wouldnt go to school, and i had to be forced 2 go, even tho my parents understood my probs..as best they could, i also used to make myself go to the loo, as i felt like i needed to go all the time i was that wound up...(still have this problem whenever i'm anxious now...which is a lot of the time..lol..)

how about this for an idea...when i was at shcool, it was agreed and done so that i could walk out of a classroom whenever i wanted to....say for the loo, without any teacher questioning me...

could u not get together with the headteacher, your parents and see if something like this could be set up...this way it mey relax you into knowing u can leave whenever u need to...for a quick break...
just knowing this may help u feel a bit more calmer during the day...

hope a little bit helpful.

chris x

kate
20-03-04, 11:16
Hiya Jade,

Great idea from Chris, Jade!

This would lift a lot of the worry from you if you knew you could just "escape" when you needed to without having to draw attention to yourself.

Worth a go eh?

Kate x

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 21:59
chris - you are forgiven - I see you are making up for it now - lol

Great idea about being allowed to just walk out etc.

Nicola

Rennie1989
21-03-04, 19:07
i had a work with my mum, she said NO to walkin out and seein someone at skool, she also wont let me see a doc

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! (ripping hair out of my head)

jade

River
21-03-04, 21:52
Hi Jade, im not too sure how old you are exactly but if your 16 or over it becomes your decision to see a doctor or not, and full patient confidentiality comes in at 16, so if you wanted to you could see the doctor without her having to know. (Im not suggesting anyone should lie to there parents or keep things from them, but in this case it might be for the best)

Stay strong and well done, you are dealing with all of this a lot better than i would have done when i was at school.

River.

Rennie1989
21-03-04, 22:03
i have this thing that i have to tell my mum everythin, i cant lie to her, or go behid er back

scooter girl

Chris
21-03-04, 23:14
is there a techer/tutor at school who u feel comfortable with?

sound like mum is trying to control u a wee bit...

this is obv important to you and is makin life hard work for u..
i would go talk to the teacher/tutor at school who u get on best with and have a chat with them....tell them how u are strugglin with a few items, and altho its hard for you , you dont want it to affect your school career.

not everyone is against you chuck..

best of luck..chris x

kate
22-03-04, 09:42
Hiya Jade,

I think it is so lovely that you tell your mom everything.

So many teenagers keep things to themselves, your mom must be so proud of you!

Can you not sit down with your mom and explain just how bad things are for you at school?

As Chris says, you need to have a chat also with the school and this would be best done with your mom there with you, for support as much as anything.

Fourteen is an awkward age anyway but you still need your mom's help on this as you are really too young to deal with it alone.

Anyway, give it a go and let us know how you get on

Kate x

stimpy
22-03-04, 10:37
I wish I could say something helpful and reasuring to make you feel better.

On the plus side, many people who fear school go on to make a full recovery once they leave, and are never bothered by it again, once they go in to full time work.

Look on the bright side, you've done 10 years of school and you only have a few more to go and then it will all be over. So the worst part of the journey to the end is well behind you, and you are so very close to the finish line.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Rennie1989
22-03-04, 21:56
Ill try and have a word with my tutor

I try and talk to my mum but she shouts at me ''JADE, youll be fine, you need to stop worrying''

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 23:54
Jade

It is obvious to us that you are very grown up and have got your head screwed on and are not being childish or immature.

You will develop into a lovely young woman.

Keep your spirits up ok and hopefully things will start to get better soon for you.

I am please you tell your mum everything - that is great news. No going behind her back or anything. If only she could see that maybe you do need a bit of help at school.

Nicola

Rennie1989
23-03-04, 19:31
grow up nic, aw thanx, every1 else at skool act like 10 years younger then they r, lol

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
25-03-04, 12:28
Im at skool now (break by the way, lol) and im really scared, i can feel my heart pounding when i odnt put my hand on my chest.

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
25-03-04, 21:49
skool was horrible, i had a panic attack coz this girl just wouldnt stop moaning at me, why me though?

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
28-03-04, 21:40
i dont want to go to skool tomorrow, im really shakin at the mo, im even finding it hard to type this.

i have to see the history department about history GCSE, so i have to go to skool tomorrow.

im also scared coz i emailed this girl to stop moanin at me and i donno what shes gonna say, will she shout at me, will she slap me, what will she do, or did she read the email, i donno!!!

i keep tryin to think positive like ''carm down jade, it may not turn out so bad, in fact, it may be a brilliant day!!!'' but then negitive stuff get in the way like ''shes read the email, its bad, its bad''

i donno what to do, i know i aint gonna sleep well tonight!!!

Scooter Girl

sarah
29-03-04, 01:29
Hiya Jade

I know you are scared hun, but you have to realise that some people are just cruel. This girl at school is just a bully and the best way to deal with them is to either report them, face up to them or the way I would do it is ignore them and pretend you dont care so they lose interest.
What is she moaning at you for anyway?
Hope you get on ok tomorrow matey, remember the excellent post you told us about with the 10 things to help when you panic and remember them and practice.
The more you succeed and feel better, the happier you will feel and proud of yourself and the moaning wont matter so much.... does that make sense?...im rambling, its late...lol

love Sarah
xx

Rennie1989
29-03-04, 21:09
thanx sarah.

there are loads of reasons why see moans at me like

1) I say that she is copying my work (all the time when she is near me) and she moans ''no i dont, you copy me'' which i dont, i do all the work, lol

2) I would walk to skool unhappy and scared and she would ask me ''r u ok'' but i dont want her to know what im havin, will have a panic attack and say ''nothing, theres nowt to worry about'' then she moans '' you never tell me anything!'' she dont tell me anything so why should i.

i cant keep writing everything that she moans about, others wise youll get bored, lol

Scooter Girl

Buby
31-03-04, 00:43
jade i reckon u shud go to ure head teacher get a pass that lets u out if u need it even if its just a walk round the school....silly advice this but i wudnt tell ure mum....keep the help the school is givin ya to ureself...if ure mum aint helpin dont tell her ovawise she'll just take it away...and bout this friend...omg stress at her she needs a rite slap...sowwy....im gettin bullied at school at the mo and i werent gonna tell me teach but i did they porb wont do nethin but if u take their time and ure time just t say wot u feel...im sure theyll undastand....even tho im primary school..teachs used to say..aww i do undastand...they ****ing dont...well me teachs at me secondary school do..but they do nuthin but i have a pass and stuff that im allowed to do....

nun of that makes much sense.....hmmmm...but woteva u get out of it plz try it......i demand u hehe!!!

if u eva need to email me plz do....hugs and hugs for tomoro luv Rachel xxxx

Rennie1989
31-03-04, 12:22
thanx for the advise rach

im one of these shy peeps and i cant say what i want to peeps, like teachers coz i cant trust em, they may tell my parents or get some1 in to speak to me, stuff like that.

i will try honest

Scooter Girl

Rennie1989
02-04-04, 20:57
AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i aint got the courage, when theres a best i avoid it, totaly!!!!!!!!!!

i need to get braver!

ScooterGirlGoneScaredBadly

Rennie1989
04-04-04, 21:18
iv got skool tomoro and i cant stop thinkin the worse like:
sam (at skool) is gonna do sumot to me like slap me etc
im gonna have a panic attack 2nite or 2moro
im gonna be laughed at 2moro coz im panicing

im gonna stop otherwise my brains gonna explode

what have a done wrong for this to happen to me

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
04-04-04, 22:26
Jade

You need to try and stop these Sunday night feelings cos they are taking over aren't they?

You are being very negative and you need to look at the good side of things.

Try to remain positive and tell yourself that it will be fine and you will cope ok.

Please try ok?
xx

Nicola