PDA

View Full Version : Hello...I'm new too but not 2 good at posting yet!

Blue Child
23-03-06, 13:00
[Oops!][Duh!][:I]
Sorry you guys...hopeless newbie here. My first post is in 'Depression from Panic/Anxiety' if you want to go look. I was so pleased when I came across this forum that I got over excited and plonked it in the wrong place...duh!!! The sense of relief that I feel from just being here is unbelievable, as those fortunate enough not to have experienced depression just don't get how it feels. I am aware that nearly everyone experiences an episode of depression at least once in their lifetime...I just wish I could come across a few of them. Too many people tend to treat us as social lepers, but I am a friendly, kind and loving person. I don't let my depression bother anyone else and I am also a good actress, as a lot of the people that I work with are unaware of it...I just crumple at home. I am a married mum with three teenagers...and I work....busy, busy all the time....that doesn't help my stress levels and then depression kicks in. Vicious circle time...I am sure there are those out there of you that get the same way. It's hard isn't it? Wanted to say hello to you all. I am happy to be here and happy that I can feel supported and support others along the way xxx
:([8)][:I]

Southern_Belle
23-03-06, 13:10
Blue Child,

You have come to the right place for support. You will make a lot of new friends here. Don't worry about where you post because everybody reads everywhere. I also have a teen (just 1 now other is 20) and believe me I know how stressful that is! It is very hard and I don't even work outside of the home so kudos to you. I'm sure you are doing a much better job than you think you are. Hang in there and I'm sure you will get lots of help here, I have.

Bel

sassy
23-03-06, 13:10
hi blue child..i also suffer panic/anxiety, depression and now possibly ocd (tho not comfirmed)..ive tried telling friends and family how i feel but unless you've been there, you can never quite understand.
im also pretty new and the people ive met on here so far have been lovely. just to know your not alone can help greatly :)
if you ever need a chat, im always close by.
take care :)
em

Spice
23-03-06, 13:46
Hi Blue Child

Welcome to the forum.

Like yourself I was so pleased when I found this site. Its comforting to know that others are going through the same and that you can share experiences with each other.

take care

Love
Spice
xx

trac67
23-03-06, 13:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Paddington
23-03-06, 14:16
hi ,welcome!You can feel so isolated cant you,as 4 being an actress,i think most of us here deserve an oscar!!!Well we can be ourselves here,and it's fab!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Blue Child
23-03-06, 14:46
I know...I cannot believe it has taken me so long to admit to myself that the depression has been part of me for years...and to suffer for so long...and then I find this forum straight away. Seems like karma, as I think that being with people who understand and who I can talk to will be the saving of me. I am so grateful to all those who have taken the time to drop by and greet me. You will never know just what it means to me, after spending so long crying and being alone it feels a bit like coming home. I don't mean that to sound corny, but it honestly comes from the heart. You are all lovely.

Karen
23-03-06, 17:57
Hi Blue Child

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Meg
23-03-06, 18:07
Hello

Have a good read around the site .

You may be in serious need of a good lifestyle review.

We do all need a MOT sometimes and if we are not serviced then we don't work properly and often mental health issues like dedepression and anxiety are the first to show even when we think we are hanging in there ok .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Blue Child
24-03-06, 14:42
Thanx Meg...I wish it was only a good lifestyle review I needed. I could just do with being someone else. Really down today...all you out there will understand how I feel. Feel like I'm just in an endless spiral at the moment...seesawing emotions. I have been so pleased as I have had a really good week up until today. I think work has upset me today though...sick and tired of the competitive jostling in the department that I work in. I know I need to change jobs but I have a commitment to provide for my family and so it's just not that easy....how I wish. Again, I feel stuck. It is simply one of those days when I've slid back into the hole and I'm just sitting at the bottom right now. Sorry folks...I hate to sound this way and believe me it doesn't make ME happy to sound this negative. I feel like a good cry and I have been close to crying several times today, but the good old stiff upper lip comes into play. Don't know what to do anymore. My husband loves me dearly and he is my rock, but I don't want him to fully know how low I do get, as I just don't know if the relationship could survive. So many questions whizzing around in my head. I could really do with a cuddle right now.....

sal
24-03-06, 16:31
Hi Hun

Pleased you have joined the forum.

Thinking about you. Big hugs coming your way

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

MrsCluggy
25-03-06, 19:56
Hey Blue Child,

Welcome to the site. You are amongst very good company here. It really does feel like one big happy family. You can get rid of all of your stresses and woes of the day and meet some great people at the same time. It's not until you come to a site like this that you realise just how many people out there are suffering from depression/anxiety. I think it's a sad society that we live in that we sometimes have to hide our illness just to survive and appear 'normal' to everyone else. If I had diabetes I wouldn't hide it so why should I hide the fact that I have an anxiety problem !!

Just as a pointer, the books by CLAIRE WEEKES are just fabulous. They are available from Amazon and really are a very helpful read.

I hope feel better soon.

Kindest regards and best wishes. Feel free to PM me at any time. I am always available to listen.

Jackie xx

If the opportunity doesn't knock .... build a door.

sal
26-03-06, 00:22
How are you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Blue Child
27-03-06, 11:03
Hiya Sal, Thanks for asking how I am. Had a very rough Saturday. I was extremely fragile and my teenage daughters were extremely hormonal...not a good mix by any means. At one point I could have quite easily walked out of the door and never gone back, but hey I'm a mum and my family is far too important to me and so I stuck it out. Better day yesterday...I really tried to keep it calm and caring. Thank God it worked. Back at work today and plodding along...keeping up the I'm perfectly ok and competent front and just running with the herd. I am amazed at how many people around me are suffering with depression...mind you I think that it happens alot in my profession (education), but it seems to be widespread across every profession these days. The hazzard of surviving under constant pressure...which most of us are. Isn't it sad that we have to feel so pressured? Sorry to be blue Sal, but as you can see still fragile...I've sat and thought lots over the weekend and decided the demons I have to fight are issues over an abusive parent when I was a child and then marrying a man to get away from the said parent and that man then turning out to be abusive. Lot of resentment there and that is what I have to work on, so at least I can see my hurdles now. Thank you again for being kind and hope to hear from you soon.
Love Blue Child xx