PDA

View Full Version : what is this feeling???

bellalew
26-12-10, 20:42
hi all, can i ask if anyone has had this feelin i keep getting near the left underside of my heart? it may sound weird, but i can only explain it as if, its either something swelled there, or a ball of fluid or a nipping sensation, i just know i can feel something there that i havent felt before its not there all the time,but its been happening on and off for the past few months now,its worrying me sick,dose anyone know why or what it could be? i keep thinking is a vein in my heart blocked?,im realy feeling frightened about this,i hope someone can ease my mind.xx.

Anxious_gal
26-12-10, 23:58
maybe muscle tension? does it get worse when your anxious?

paula lynne
26-12-10, 23:59
Hi, can I ask if youve ever had any tests like ecg etc? Have you started any new medications?
I dont take any meds but do get a similar feeling......by the way, heart pain proper is never felt in the heart. This could be something you are eating, or anxiety related. If youve never hseen your gp for tests, can I suggest you do this first for reassurance. Hope you feel better soon x

anaconda
27-12-10, 19:59
Hi
I get something similar, sometimes preceeding my ectopics, thumps and 'missed' beats. Its like someone is holding my heart or like its rattling around inside my chest.

As mentioned above, its always worth getting your heart checked out - get the full hit - 24hr ecg, echo test, excercise test (im sure there are others too). The chances are that your heart is fine and these will be benign feelings of which theres plenty posted about on these boards.

Getting these tests done will at least give you some confidence and reassurance that your ticker is doing its job properly.

bronte
27-12-10, 20:14
hi i have that sensation but mine is too do with trapped wind under my left ribs it feels like there is something pushed under my ribs that my ribs keep nipping try some peppermint capsules to see if they help it and if they do you know its stomach related x

Zee
28-12-10, 21:11
I have had same but under right rib with trapped wind.

bellalew
29-12-10, 08:44

hi mishel,yes it dose seem worse when my anxiety is high, which lately i have been,as you say could well be muscle tension to,thankyou for reading and relpying,its helped ease my mind.xx

bellalew
29-12-10, 08:53

Hi, can I ask if youve ever had any tests like ecg etc? Have you started any new medications?
I dont take any meds but do get a similar feeling......by the way, heart pain proper is never felt in the heart. This could be something you are eating, or anxiety related. If youve never hseen your gp for tests, can I suggest you do this first for reassurance. Hope you feel better soon x

hi paula,yes i had an ecg done at my gps few week ago the nurse said all was fine,you mention eating and anxiety,and i have a big prob with both,my anxiety has been on a high past few months,still is, and my eating isnt as it should,ive been getting trapped wind as well,so its probally a combination of all 3.But i am giong to go see my gp and ask for some more heart test just to put my mind at ease.Thankyou for your reply i found it comforting.xxx

bellalew
29-12-10, 09:08
Hi
I get something similar, sometimes preceeding my ectopics, thumps and 'missed' beats. Its like someone is holding my heart or like its rattling around inside my chest.

As mentioned above, its always worth getting your heart checked out - get the full hit - 24hr ecg, echo test, excercise test (im sure there are others too). The chances are that your heart is fine and these will be benign feelings of which theres plenty posted about on these boards.

Getting these tests done will at least give you some confidence and reassurance that your ticker is doing its job properly.

hi anaconda,thanks for your reasuring reply,i get the missed beats,thuds,palps have had on+off for yrs,still spooks me though when it dose it,but least its not life threatening.As ive said i have been real anxious the past few months,and i am a worier at the least tiny thing,my phobia is my heart so the smallest tinge im aware of, and it sends me in panic mode,i am going to see my gp after the new yr and will tell her all my worries and woes and as well as asking for some heart tests to put my mind at rest.thanks you have helped take some worry from me.x

bellalew
29-12-10, 09:15
hi i have that sensation but mine is too do with trapped wind under my left ribs it feels like there is something pushed under my ribs that my ribs keep nipping try some peppermint capsules to see if they help it and if they do you know its stomach related x

hi bronte,mine to is probally a tum thing i do get trapped wind alot,having anxiety can and dose cause a tummy troubles ,i will try the mints though see if it helps,thakyou for replying my post,your all careing people here and its such a comfort to know that.xx Thanks again all.