PDA

View Full Version : sorry for the posts, im really scared

candicemarie88
26-12-10, 20:45
okay ive had about 10 of these uncomfortable feelings in my chest today.

i feel as if my heart keeps stopping... i just had one then, it was a sudden light feeling in my chest which travelled up into the middle of my throat. i now feel very breathless and anxious.

i have bad reflux and feel as if im going to be sick when i burp. i keep checking my pulse and have noticed loads of slight pauses in my heartbeat. im am very scared and dont know what to do??

why can i feel these pauses? my dad has an irregular heartbeat and said he cant feel it pause and his pauses for a second every other beat????

im so scared im going to die and feel as if im going to... im very anxious, and i dont know what to do...

if my gp does a ecg they wont notice this because it only happens now and again, but today is the worst its ever been.

i drank wine yesterday and today and have eaten more than usual... has this caused them to become worse? i felt fine last night and this morning and all od last week with no anxiety and i forgot about my heart, but now i cant take my mind off it and have a weird, awful, light, hollow feeling in my chest and feel like im being smothered.

please help me

Unconnected
26-12-10, 21:29
Hey :)

I don't think i've felt this before so i'm not sure what it is...but hopefully its just anxiety! and i hope your okay!! you shouldn't be worrying on christmas!

Drink some water :) open the windows to let fresh air in.
play some music or put on your favourite movie?
do you have a wii or kinect?
i got a kinect for christmas and it has got me moving (esp kinect sports with it having boxing which i can take any anger out and it distracts me)

it sounds silly but what i started doing last month was opening notepad up on the computer and typing out how i was feeling,what i had done and what i felt and saved it to a folder (Which should be on your computer) but it helps to type it all out! an then you can look back on it aswell! an hopefully see improvement!

Not that much help but Good luck!!

pussy cat
26-12-10, 22:15
please try & calm down -it,s almost certainly a panic attack-i have experienced similar symptoms to those you are describing-was it red wine you had? that & a full stomach can give you the feelings you are having & as you know the rest is a visious circle-sip some cold water & try to do something to take your mind off it-you will be fine

hannybun
27-12-10, 16:47
Hello

I went through this nightmare last year, with all the tests. They are harmless and are very noticable when anxious. Heartburn etc make them more prominent because wind around the heart makes it feel jumps, missing etc... harmless too. But ask for an ecg if it still worries you. If you look through my posts in one of them there is some claire weekes words describing why they are harmless xx

hannybun
27-12-10, 16:48
Oh and alcohol make them noticable too my partner has loads when he drinks but he's not bothered by them :) x