PDA

View Full Version : Weird Sensation. Please respond.

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:07
Hey guys, hope everyone enjoyed their christmas.

Anyways, something really weird happened to me a few hours ago and its really freaking me out. My aunt bought a furniture set and i was helping my cousin lift it.

I bent over to put the chair. Bear in mind my heart is already pounding/racing because I don't like to exert myself since Im scared of exercise.

After I put the chair and I stand back up straight, i got this weird sensation that flew from to my chest to my head. Like all the blood was rushing to my head. My face became hot and sweaty and I started to panic and my heart began racing really fast. I felt so jittery and werid but didnt panic too much for my family to notice. I felt faint and out of breath as my heart began racing more.

The head sesnation passed within seconds but my heart/dizzy/out of breath feeling stayed for like 10 minutes. It was truly horrible. As of now Im shaking like a leaf. My chest muscles are tight and my heart is still pounding.

Has anyone ver felt this before. What was this? I GOOGLED guys after and I saw all sorts of arrythmias like Ventricular Fibrilation and Atrial Fib and Im scared that I had an episode of these of something. Im only 20, I dont wanna die.:weep::weep::weep::weep:

Was this a headrush. My cousin told me she gets this when she bends over and stands back up straight except with her, she gets a slower heartbeat rather than a racing one. Also instead of her feeling hot faint, she feels nauseaous and faint.

Going home
26-12-10, 21:12
Hi there, I understand your concern...people who have health anxiety very rarely want to put it to the test, but i had the same feelings earlier in the week when I helped my partner push our car out of the snow...heart pounding, lightheaded etc, but i think its a normal reaction to strenuous exercise in this way so please don't worry. If it had damaged your heart you would'nt be here to tell the tale!

Anna xx

JessG
26-12-10, 21:18
Hey guys, hope everyone enjoyed their christmas.

Anyways, something really weird happened to me a few hours ago and its really freaking me out. My aunt bought a furniture set and i was helping my cousin lift it.

I bent over to put the chair. Bear in mind my heart is already pounding/racing because I don't like to exert myself since Im scared of exercise.

After I put the chair and I stand back up straight, i got this weird sensation that flew from to my chest to my head. Like all the blood was rushing to my head. My face became hot and sweaty and I started to panic and my heart began racing really fast. I felt so jittery and werid but didnt panic too much for my family to notice. I felt faint and out of breath as my heart began racing more.

The head sesnation passed within seconds but my heart/dizzy/out of breath feeling stayed for like 10 minutes. It was truly horrible. As of now Im shaking like a leaf. My chest muscles are tight and my heart is still pounding.

Has anyone ver felt this before. What was this? I GOOGLED guys after and I saw all sorts of arrythmias like Ventricular Fibrilation and Atrial Fib and Im scared that I had an episode of these of something. Im only 20, I dont wanna die.:weep::weep::weep::weep:

Was this a headrush. My cousin told me she gets this when she bends over and stands back up straight except with her, she gets a slower heartbeat rather than a racing one. Also instead of her feeling hot faint, she feels nauseaous and faint.

i have had that happen to me. it could be a blood pressure spike or drop. You felt bad after because you were freaking out about it.

Did it do anything to your vision as well? When it happened to be a week ago, my vision got really odd.

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:18
Thanks for responding. Its just that I never felt like this before, I mean my heart races a lot with my anxiety but this was really fast. And the weird rush feeling in my head and chest really made me feel miserable. I feel so weak and shaky right now and my head is all tight and Im scared I had a heart attack or something. Thats my worst fear.

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:22
@Jesse.

You felt all the same symptoms? I mean was your heart racing too. I also feel like it has something to do with blood pressure. I remeber reading that sometimes when you stand quickly for sitting or bending over, it can cause a drop in blodd pressure.

JessG
26-12-10, 21:24
I have severe cardiophobia as well. i constantly worry about everything heart and blood related, blood pressure, heartbeats, anyerisms, you name it, i fear it. you are not alone, and what you are feeling now is just anxiety, try to relax as best you can.

JessG
26-12-10, 21:25
@Jesse.

You felt all the same symptoms? I mean was your heart racing too. I also feel like it has something to do with blood pressure. I remeber reading that sometimes when you stand quickly for sitting or bending over, it can cause a drop in blodd pressure.
Yup, and my vision was distorted. it looked like my field of vision was dropping down, it was scary as hell.

Going home
26-12-10, 21:26
If you're anx anxiety sufferer, and a health anxiety sufferer in particular then you will do almost anything to avoid 'straining' yourself in case you make yourself ill. The reaction you had to moving the furniture was normal for someone who doesn't do this for a living...that was heavy work and your body/heart reacted normally by releasing the adrenaline you needed to get through it. Your anxiety kept the adrenaline going for longer then normal afterwards. So it wasn't the physical side of it that kept up the symptoms it was the anxious thoughts that made the physical reactions go on longer.

Anna x

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:29
@Jess

One more question. I mean I dont want to sound like a bother but, I just want to make sure. You were bending over and you stood up and this happened right?

JessG
26-12-10, 21:29
I am also afraid of exercise as well. But i am going to force myself into it, because it is the healthy thing to do.

JessG
26-12-10, 21:30
Here is my thread on what happened, http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=87137

And its no bother at all, it's nice to talk to people going through the same things :)

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:37
Thanks Jess, your thread assured me a lot. Ive been pretty anxious for a few days. I havent slept well and when I dont sleep, my anxiety acts up. Also my acid reflux has been acting up which has been causing palps for me as well.

Do you think my heart began racing really fast because of panic or an arrythmia that I researched. I mean when I felt the rush, my hand when straight away to my neck and I felt my heart going crazy fast which only made me panic more.

JessG
26-12-10, 21:41
Panic and excess adrenaline for sure. DON"T research anything on the web, you will only make your anxiety worse! Self diagnosis only leads to more anxiety.

Mark801
26-12-10, 21:48
Thanks again. I mean I just spent the holidays with my family and I dont wanna go rushing to doctors. My dad even told me that it was probably because I didnt eat a good enough breakfast(i didnt) or get enough sleep(i didnt) and ofcource my heart was pounding away from lifting the chair.

I just though that it was a heart attack or smething. im still trembly as of now and my head feels light and tight with my neck and shoulders feeling tense as well.

My heart is about 90bpm right now but i so still feel a bit breathless.

JessG
26-12-10, 21:54
You'll be ok, anxiety can and will linger after something like that. :hugs:

Mark801
26-12-10, 22:08
I felt a bit anxious so I decided to test my Blood pressure and it was 135/90 and my hr is 115. This made me so scared. Usualy its around 110-120/70-80. Hr is always betweenn 70-95. My breathing is still weird also. :weep::weep::weep: