PDA

View Full Version : Hello - newbie here

Jakatella
26-12-10, 21:25
Just discovered this site and thought I would say Hiya to everyone and introduce myself.
I'm 36 and I had a complete melt down 18 months ago which has left me with depession, panic attacks, agoraphobia and social phobia. I am on meds but as yet have recieved no formal help except my GP, I am on the waiting list to see psychology. I have a 15 yo daughter who (most of the time) is my life-saver (I really don't know what I would do without her)
Not really too sure what else to say other than glad I found this site.

diane07
26-12-10, 21:26
Hi Jakatella

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
26-12-10, 22:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
26-12-10, 23:37
Hi welcome to the forum, youll find lots of help and support here x:welcome:

Distel
28-12-10, 19:13
Hi am new to the site as well but am sure you will find support just like i will :)

cooley2274
28-12-10, 19:24
hello im a new recruit as well yeeha:) very sad to hear you had a melt down..:weep:ive been battling anxiety for 5 year all caused through stress. life and all that kind of thing:wacko:ive been doing quite a bit research on nutrition and that can certainly be a start to getting yourself strong again.my experience is that the GP's dont have a clue dont mean to generalise them but all they seem to be botherd about is fitting you into a 10min slot and getting the next piece of cattle in:sad: hope site gives you the help you need :)paul

Distel
28-12-10, 22:51
I have been having panic attack for about a year now since i broke up with my Childrens father, I dont know how i cope without him and the money worries get me down. :weep::weep: I feel everyday is a struggle to keep my head above the water. I do try and ask him for some money as i dont get any maintenace. I have seen my GP and he says it will get better and got given as i call them Happy Pills! :unsure: