PDA

View Full Version : Things that have not killed me in 2010...

pd
26-12-10, 23:59
Lately I'm trying to tell myself, each time I get a new fear, that nothing else I've feared has happened, so why should this?

I thought I'd list every health concern I panicked about in 2010 so I can refer to them in the future and use them to convince myself that I'm ok, I didn't have those things, and I don't have... whatever.

-Heart failure
-A heart attack
-A collapsed lung
-MS
-ME
-Motor neurone disease
-Swine flu (so I actually had this one in 2009, I still managed to convince myself I was dying of it this year)
-Lymphoma
-A stroke
-A brain tumour
-A brain hemorrage (after concussing myself pretty badly, spending the night under supervision in hospital, having a bunch of tests, as soon as they discharged me I thought I'd die)
-MRSA
-(very) early onset alzheimer's (I'm 23)
-HIV
-Cervical cancer
-Ovarian cancer
-Kidney failure
-Pregnancy (ok, so not a disease, but I had an Implanon implant at the time, so it was pretty much impossible)
-Lung disease
-Breast cancer

I had none of these. It is my hope that by referring back to this list of illnesses I was so sure of, yet wrong about, I can see my anxiety for what it really is.

paula lynne
27-12-10, 00:10
Hi PD, what a brilliant idea, this will help you lots. A great positive post, well done you x

spiral
27-12-10, 00:22
Perhaps you should print the list off and pin it up to remind you.

My list is short, in the past year I haven't died of:

A heart attack
A stroke
A brain tumour

I also haven't fainted at work! I don't know why I get so anxious about that as I've never fainted in my life...

ZMan
27-12-10, 01:19
ood thread idea :yesyes:

In the past year I have not died from:

- Choking
- My airway being blocked
- An allergic reaction/anaphalyptic shock (a wierd fear considering I'm not allergic to anything that I know of)
- Esophogeal Cancer
- Throat Cancer
-Stomach Caner
- A brain tumour
- An undiagnosed heart condition
- An undiagnosed anywhere condition!
- Something happening to me in my sleep
- Every other irrational thought that has embedded itself into my mind.

:biggrin:

charly
27-12-10, 03:27
This year I have managed to survive....

Heart attack
Blood clot moving to the lung (i thought i could feel it inching its way up my body!)
MS
Cancer
Leukemia

I am so annoyed at the amount of time I have spent worrying about this not to mention how people who have these conditions must despise my pathetic worrying but at the time doesnt it seem so real?!

shilohgomz
27-12-10, 07:54
The things which I don't want not only 2010 year as well as for the life time :
Cancer
Fever
Headache
Anti ageing

dc100
27-12-10, 08:33
my 2010 illnesses

bowl cancer
liver cancer
mouth cancer
Stoke - a couple of times
Blindness -
Schizonphrenia
Swine flu
This xmas and last week - vCJD - still thinking about this one

spiral
27-12-10, 08:42
Seeing those lists made me remember, these should be added to mine:

A fatal allergic reaction - i also have no known allergies
A blood clot - not sure how irrational that is as that's what my dad died from but I have had the factor V Leiden test and don't have the gene that increases your chances of a blood clot...
Not being able to breathe

ZMan
27-12-10, 21:45
A little bump for this thread!

paula lynne
27-12-10, 23:13
Ive just read this again, and think its a fantastic idea for all those here with ha to maybe do a list of their own? Some people here have severe ha, and are constantly posting the same things over and over, and nothing said can stop those fears. Maybe if those of us who suffer ha could look back over the year and make a list of things we thought would harm/kill us, and realise they didnt. That would be a very positive step I think x:)

JaneC
28-12-10, 00:45
Well done for posting this pd. As Paula says, there's a fair number of people on here who could do with adopting your idea x

ChrisK
28-12-10, 00:53
1-terrorist attack
2- Heart attack'
3 - Sudden collapse
4 - Death itself'
5- Choking
6 - Going insane/ losing mind
7- Arteries exploding
8 - Feeling existentially lost
9 - Stroke
10 - Brain hemorrhage (funny how familiar our phobias are, isn't it ?)

gaaron
28-12-10, 00:55
Living (?)

pd
28-12-10, 09:45
It is funny how similar some of our lists are.

I hope that by adding something to this list I can put it into my 'past fears' category and not think about it anymore. Whether or not that works remains to be seen.

spiral
28-12-10, 09:49
I think it's a great idea to remind ourselves that what we worry about has never happened to us yet and it's also reassuring to see others have the same fears and have also been fine :-)

sarah jayne
28-12-10, 10:10
what a brilliant idea mine are
heart attack / heart problems ( my current fear as im having lots of palpitations :( )
cancer
brain tumour
ms
lupus
deadly allergic reaction

i just wish i could have a worry free life but unforunately i always seem to be ill and in pain in the last year ive been diagnose with fibromyalgia, vit d deficiancy and anxiety :(

trish1955
28-12-10, 10:18
my god my list would go on but let you no fearing somthing right this min just sent a post to ge anxiety my back is hurting from my shoulders all the way doewn its acheing so bad its hurting me to breath in my mussells in my body are so sore even in my arms convinced i am wriggled with cancer but i can say the stuff on yr list are all on mine maybe a few more to last week it was the mussell waisting one noron thing cant spell it cant think straight now so thinking the cancer going to my brain now so so afraid right now any way it is a good post lv trish x

Em.ma
28-12-10, 12:04
This year:

Bleeding of the Brain
Blocked Airways
Choking
Swine Flu- pnemunioa
Collasped Lung
Stroke (still convinced of this)
Fainting (Still convoinced of this)
Gall Bladder (Still convinced of this as i spend every day burping)
Appendicitis
Liver Failure
Heart Failure
Weils Disease which can cause liver failure
Brain Tumor/Anerysum.
Strep Throat
Bronhcitis
Tonsislitis

Wow ive survived a lot

nell821
28-12-10, 18:03
great idea ill try that thanx

Temenos
28-12-10, 20:24
Brain Tumour
MS
Motor Neurone Disease
Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid problem
Skin Cancer
Breast Cancer
Lymphoma

What a sad collection and can't pretend that HA hasn't put a bit of a cloud over my year but I hope I can beat it in 2011!! Good Luck to everyone else too xx

katielou80
28-12-10, 20:38
right here goes!!....
brain tumor
cervical cancer
kidney faliure
liver cancer/faliure
heart attack
stroke
bowel cancer
heart conditions/ thought were major.....just skipped beats
breast cancer
glaucoma

bad huh! and i still worry

JessG
28-12-10, 20:41
Heart failure
Blood Pressure
Stroke
Anyeurism
Blood Clots

I am scared to death of my own circulatory system.

pinkynicca
29-12-10, 08:17
Anxiety has failed to kill me this year.

pd
30-12-10, 19:33
I think I'm getting better, I think I'm actually getting better. I have terrible heartburn right now, but that's all it is. I know that's all it is. It's irritating me, but I'm not scared. I've just taken some renitadine and I'm waiting for it to go away. Chest pain isn't scaring me because I know what it is and I know it's not going to kill me.

hazy
30-12-10, 21:20
Fantastic idea here's my list which is from 2008:

Cervical Cancer
Brain Tumor
Diabetes
MS
Kidney Disease
Gall Stones
Kidney Stones (maybe same as Gall)?
Heart Attack
Angina
Pluracy
Neumonia (excuse spelling)
All types of cancer

Aussie11
31-12-10, 11:12
My list for 2010 was:Cervical cancerovarian cancerspine tumoursoft tissue tumourslymphomapancreatic cancerbowel cancerbladder cancerMSLupusRheumatoid arthritiskidney cancerstomach cancerlung canceractual diagnosis finally arrived at in 2010:trapped wind! (related to possible IBS) - an embarassing outcome (not to mention expensive given all the tests I've had for abdominal pain and back pain this year!)possible fibromyalgianormal lymph nodes (not the giant, hard ones I've kept imagining!)

becky000
31-12-10, 11:56
In 2010 I haven't:
fainted in the supermarket
been injured in a car accident
needed a blood transfusion
had an allergic reaction to medication
needed emergency surgery
been bitten by a poisonous spider or snake
suffered a stroke or heart attack

I haven't been diagnosed with:
cancer (of any kind)
brain tumor
MS
RA

I haven't gone blind or deaf or lost my memory

In fact when I look back I've been extremely healthy but my anxiety has caused me to have symptoms of every disease imagineable, I have suffered "heart attacks", "strokes", "brain tumors" and many different types of cancers and here I am all in one piece ready to face 2011.

Why didn't I just enjoy 2010?

spiral
01-01-11, 11:45
Add:

Broken (well probably just bruised) toe :-)

lucyloulucylou
01-01-11, 11:56
iv not been able to take my medication.. convincing myself that i'll have a reaction to it and die, managed to take my first one this morning, still very anxious about it but so far so good.
i have had a fear of
- Cancer... anywhere!
- That i have a mental illness
-Heart attacks/ problems
- Brain disorders
-That my bowel will collapse
im only 20 and know these things are very unlikely to happen but it scares me so much!!

christinez
17-01-11, 15:55
Since I suffered from a DVT in 2007, I have completely wasted 3 precious years of my life spent in worrying about having cancer (ever since reading on the internet that a DVT could be a sign of an underlying cancer). Here I am, 3 years later still alive and kicking! I feel so angry and frustrated with myself for letting this take up all this time and I am trying to be more rational in my thinking.

jannyk
19-01-11, 16:46
Just read this - I currently am convinced i've got a brain tumour (amongst many other things!) and it's made me smile - i can feel the tension in my neck and head releasing - (still think i've got a brain tumour though) happy days , o to feel carefree and 'normal' like i used to

JessG
19-01-11, 17:06
Heart disease, Heart attack, Anyeurism, Stroke, Blood Pressure, Cancer. Not yet anyway :wacko:

AnxiousEm
19-01-11, 17:29
OMG I read these and its like reading about myself! Im so glad Im not the only one..and what a waste of time and energy worrying about what I may have. Trawling the internet dfoesnt help (with the exception of this site of course). Too easy to self diagnose myself