PDA

View Full Version : Lung cancer

j2
27-12-10, 14:55
I am a 40 yr old non smoker who is a long time sufferer of HA. I am not medicatied currently and I am totally freaking out about lung cancer. I have been having a lot of random pains in my fingers and toes and a pain in my upper back that is kind of more to the left side of my spine. If I take deep breath while hunching over I feel strain in that area that has been around for several days. I swear my fingers look more red than usual and that they may even be a little blue but who knows as my mind is no longer functining logically. I don't have a cough. I have felt a little short of breath lately but I know that this could be anxiety. Anyway, this has me very worred. Can anyone help me out?

gaaron
27-12-10, 15:19
Hi J2, def sounds like tension. I have tension probs with my back that radiates to arm etc and does alsways seem to be on one side. I've started to do some simple pilates to release tension. It's working, but breathing correctly whilst doing them is the key - and doing them slowly. I don't have HA but if I had I'd have been thinking the same as you, luckily I know it's tension. Good luck.

bronte
27-12-10, 16:00
hi j2 my lovely dad died of lung cancer and i can tell you you have non of them symptoms your symptoms are down to stress if you need anymore info let me know but you dont have lung cancer i can assure you dont have the symptoms x

j2
27-12-10, 16:44
Thanks for the responses and Bronte if it is not too painful, I would like more info please. If you don't want to rehash a painful memory then I totally understand and will be content with what you have said. Thank you and God bless.

amanda*43
27-12-10, 17:04
Hello
I am sorry to read about your worries re lung cancer. As someone who does not know you, reading your post, your problem does sound like anxiety. I nursed my Mum at home while she was dying of lung cancer. She did not have any of your symtoms. please try not to worry, It is true that non smokers can get lung cancer, but it is very rare.
kind regards, amanda

j2
27-12-10, 21:05
You guys are so kind to put up with my crazy self. I am sorry if I have brought back bad memories. Thank you for your time.