PDA

View Full Version : I GOOGLED AGAIN!!!!! =(-Help anyone or RLR.

Mark801
27-12-10, 17:36
Hey guys,

I know I posted yesterday but I had a real bad night last night. After I had the headrush and panic attack yesterday, my heart was racing all day yesterday.

I had some xanax and metroprolol(betablocker) from when I had all my heart test a few months ago. As much as I didnt wanna drink the xanax, i did except I drank half which was about .125mg. I went to bed and fell asleep.

But my baby nephew slept over last night with my parents and there room is across the hall. Im a light sleeper so everytime that happened, I would wake up and my heart would race. It was so bad that even when I rolled over in bed to change positions my heart raced more. This ofcource made me panic and breathless. I also have soarness around my whole chest and under my left chest. Also, my head is really floaty this morning and Im off/balance when walking. Im guessing its because of the sleep deprivation and the xanax.

Idrfited again and awoke to the same symptoms. I couldn't bear it so i took my Beta which is 25mg and cut in half. So I drank 12.5mg with a cup of cereal and a bananna and 2 glasses of water.

But Im really scared cuz I was looking up something called Adrenal Exhaustion and Im terrified I have it cuase it causes hear attacks.

I was also having a racing heart when I stood up and was walking before I drank the beta. It was literally 110-115 laying down and jumped to about 135-140 when I stood up and moved.

Its now about 80-90 and my bp is about 115/75. I dont notice it racing when I stand so im guessing it was al adrenaline and panic but nim still terrified cuz of how my heart was racing last night. It hasn't been 9 month yet since all of my heart tests. Could anything have changed so quickly???

Please respond. Thanks again.

Mark801
27-12-10, 19:45
Please is therenanyone who could give me a bit of reassurance.:weep::weep::weep::weep:

bronte
27-12-10, 19:59
hi my brother suffers with the same symptoms as you do and like you has had tests he too is on beta blockers my brothers heart as raced to 220 beats a minute and although it is scary my brother was told worrying about it and focusing on it makes it worse hes had to have his beta blockers adjusted a couple of times but he still gets it occasionally x

harasgenster
27-12-10, 20:01
Hi
This sounds like panic attacks to me. I've had what seemed like a constant panic attack for a month once before, where my heart was constantly racing and then would sort of peak and go to really, really racing and back down to just racing!

If you've had heart tests and been given the all clear then no, it is extremely unlikely anything has changed. It just sounds like panic attacks.

Sorry, I don't know what Xanax is or whether it could have caused any of the symptoms.

Hope you feel better x

Mark801
27-12-10, 20:13
Thanks for responding.
@Bronte, please tell me that your brother suffers from anxiety and not a heart problem.

@harasgenster
Ive had a load of blood work, 2 chest xrays, 5 ecgs and a heart echo about 10 months ago. Everything was normal.

Xanax is just like citropolam that you guys have in the uk. Im form the US so we use xanax here.

bronte
27-12-10, 20:20
my brother totaly suffers from anxiety there is nothing wrong with his heart and thats all yours is when my brother is having an attack he always rings me and i calm him down he also like me suffers from health anxiety honestly your fine he also sufferes from misses beats with is also anxiety related ive had that too for 6 weeks solid i didnt have a normal beat and ait was all anxiety x

bronte
27-12-10, 20:22
sorry for all the spelling mistakes i was trying to type fast so that i could be quick to reassure you but im a rubbish typer lol x

Mark801
27-12-10, 20:25
Thanks for the response Bronte. The highest my pulse went was 180 during a full blown attack and this was in the ER. Luckily they did an ecg during the attack and told me that it was all panic(sinus tachycardai).

But my hr was between 110-150 all day yesterday and it was totally freaking me out. It was 120 just sitting and laying down and When I felt that, I was scared to get up and move which only made it race more when I did to about 130-150.

I was drinking the beta for about only a month after my anxiety went at its worse and i SLOWLY weaned off of it. So it took a lot for me to drink half yesterday.

bronte
27-12-10, 20:36
i watched a program about this problem to reassure my brother and fro your heart to be damaged or tire it would have too be racing well into the two hundreds for at least a day to hurt you and that is very rare unless you have a real problem which the hospital would address and treat you for it your symptoms sound just like my brothers and hes had it for about 5 years and hes still fine i find my heart races when i lay on my left side which is weird lol x

Mark801
27-12-10, 20:46
You dont think I caused damages to myselft with it being between 110-150 yesterday do you?

I mean it was around this level all day yesterday and slowed when I fell asleep and was racing a bit this morning. So I decided to test my bp this morning and it was 115/75 and my heart rate was 100.

As of now its about 75-85

Hazel B
27-12-10, 20:49
Mark, my pulse is usually 60bpm and it went up to 130 bpm when I had bad anxiety. It even happened when I was cosy and snuggled down in bed for no obvious reason. It's anxiety, I am sure - your heart can withstand racing whilst we exercise and can cope with anxiety beats. It is really unlikely you have caused damage, the best you can do for yourself is read all the anxiety advice on the site and fight it.

paula lynne
27-12-10, 20:54
Also...please stop doing your bp..its doing you more harm than good...the heart can comfortably beat for a couple of hours at 180bpm.....you have done no damage. Please consider throwing away the bp machine, unless its there because a doctor has told you to check it.

bronte
27-12-10, 20:58
no you wont have absolutely not my niece had flu last week and her heart was racing allday at that speed and shes totally fine your body temp can make your heart race and as i said so does anxiety and thats what is wrong with you and my brother where my anxiety goes straight to my stomach and someone elses anxiety will go to there muscles and cause tension which i also have lucky me other peoples will effect the pace of there heart which is harmless post me anytime i do know quite a bit a bout this problem because of my brother sufferering from it x

Mark801
27-12-10, 21:01
Thanks again guys.

I dont really test my blood pressure but I did it for reassurance I guess cuz it was 135/90 last night which is high for me. But was normal this morning.

Do any of you guys tend to google a lot? I had actually stopped for months now but I couldn't help myslef after I had the headrush yesterday.

And I came up across something called Adrenal Exhaustion and Im teriffied I have that now cuz of the symptoms it causes.

paula lynne
27-12-10, 21:04
Googling not allowed here!! Weve all learned our lesson never to trust dr.google....x

jothenurse
27-12-10, 21:07
I have had rapid heart rates with anxiety/panic. Up to 167 once in the emergency room, but all sinus tachycardia. This continues to happen, though I have much better control over panicking about it. I used to be on Metoprolol a long time ago. I can still use one if my pulse gets fast and I can't get it to slow down. I also take a small amount of ativan (a benzodiazepine, which Xanax is also.). I am tapering off of that. I had gotten to the point that I stopped exercising (I used to run, work out at the fitness center, do lots of things), so on top of the anxiety I got really out of shape. So, my heart goes fast pretty easily now, though I am starting to exercise now and talk myself down from panicking, though it is hard.

bronte
27-12-10, 21:10
you havent got adrenal exhaustion i once thought i had that and guess what it was anxiety causing all the symptoms x

Mark801
27-12-10, 21:58
Thanks again guys.

Im just hoping everything is ok with me. Right now in NY, theres over 2 feet in snow and the temperature is below freezing and my mom and i just walked 10 blocks to get there so i just kept on saying that If I could do this Im fine.

So i just got back and I feel ok. Only problem is I felt a little lightheaded in the store but I dont like grocery shopping so i hope that it was just anxiety.

bronte
28-12-10, 00:42
let me reassure you if you walked that far in snow there is absolutley nothing wrong with your heart xx

Spacey
28-12-10, 10:36
Hey Mark,

Just read your post about your heart rate. I to struggle with anxiety.. I also had a heart condition called atrial fibrillation and SVT that I didn't know about until 21 years later. I was born with an extra tissue in my heart that gave me abnormal beats and a high heart rate 200 bpm plus. Mixing that all in with anxiety.. well pure Hell. I had surgery last January and finally have a normal beating ticker. Now for my point.. having this heart condition for this long I had 5-7 times having brain tumors, strokes, kidney/liver disease, heart attacks, etc. Guess what.. NOTHING happened I'm fine well alive and still deal with some anxiety. So from somebody who HAD a heart problem it's really not that bad and there's always a solution :)

Also I know somebody whose heart rate went up to 300 bpm having the same heart condition, 2 pace makers put in, at one point having a heart beat every 20 sec, mild osteoporosis, dealing with major anxiety attacks. All in 9 years.. Guess what.. she's happy and an inspiration me. She speaks in conferences to encourage people. Who knows maybe anxiety is something that sharpens us rather than dulling us down in the end :D