PDA

View Full Version : Odd question, does anyone work in a supermarket?

uk23
28-12-10, 04:57
If you do or have is it normal for a supermarket to do a 'deep clean' once per year for each till?

I went into morrisons yesterday and they were doing a super clean of a couple of tills, this set the anxiety into motion and I spoke to the manager (i know) and he said they were doing a normal deep clean which they do once per year for each checkout.

Thanks if you can answer.

countrygirl
28-12-10, 08:15
Its the only once a year that would worry me! What do they do in the meantime flick a duster over it - I know that the chip and pin machines at most supermarkets are disgusting and that explains why if they only get cleaned properly once a year:mad:

I think you can believe your manager as if it was anything else very serious then the environmental health dept of local council would be involved.

do you work on the tills??

Clairalou
28-12-10, 09:30
I used to work in a supermarket a year or so ago and we used to do a deep clean once or twice a year! Everything gets cleaned daily or weekly but they do a full proper clean every now and again. It's not just the tills that get it, it's everywhere shelves, under shelves all the stock area etc!

Nothing to worry about

Xxx

pd
28-12-10, 09:42
I did a few years ago, and the deep clean used to happen every six months I think. There was the clean you were meant to do every time you got a free five minutes on the till, the one you did at the end of the day, the weekly clean, and the super deep clean.

countrygirl
28-12-10, 12:52
Am I the only one who has noticed how dirty the chip and pin machines are in shops - particulary supermarkets where you can see the build up of greasy dirt around the buttons.