PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

nina
12-03-04, 10:49
Hi there. Back again. my panic seems to be getting worse. iam doing a tele conference thing with no panic but i wonder if thining about it has made it worse, would you beleive i =was just gong to the rabbit hutch in my own garden yesterday and i just froze-felt like i wouldn't be able to get back to the house. my legs felt terrbible. what can i do to stop feeling like this iam getting quite desperate now. i am supposed to meet my son tonight to take him for his haircut. i cannot stand to have mine done their i ahve someione come to the house but she cannot come at the mo. the thought of getting their and then sitting in there with lots of people i am frightened of feelibnf oanicky. any tips most welcome.i used to use kava and that is no longer available i dont find valerian much good.
angela x

nina

Laurie28
12-03-04, 12:10
Hiya Nina,

Anticipatory anxiety is the WORST. Try and do something distracting today to try and take your mind off what you have to do. Avoid caffeine and take some water with you to sip.

If you do get panicky in the hair salon then stay for as long as possible and try to avoid leaving. be prepared that hairdressers do get very warm so maybe wear layers of clothes so you can strip off if u get warm.

Lucky

paulgray
12-03-04, 12:11
Hi nina
www.kavakava.org.uk still sell untreated non standardised kava capsules. some consider this to be better as it hasnt been mucked about with. i still take it wehn i want. the german reports of liver toxicity wre tottaly unconvincing in my personal opinion

diana
12-03-04, 13:15
Hiya Nina,

First I want to welcome you aboard, you have come to the right place for support and suggestions on how to cope with the Panic Meister :).

Sorry to hear you are having a right tough go at the Panic Monster right now.

I agree with Lucky, try to do something distracting to take your mind off of what you need to do.

Do you find the Rescue Remedies helpful at all? If so why not put a few drops in some water and sip all day to take the edge off.

I hope this has helped a bit.

Please post to let us know how you get on.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

nina
12-03-04, 13:55
Hi Diana Paulgray and Lucky
Thanks very much for your suggestions. you are right about the distraction thing! if only we never could think about panic again! I wdo use the recue remedy so will try it in water thanks. also is the kava safe then do you think-there is nothing as good do you find!
I will go on the site now and get some!
Thanks bye for now
Nina xSorry gave password before instead of name! just to confuse you all!)

nina

paulgray
12-03-04, 14:56
Hi nina regarding kava kava

The following is just my opioion, for waht it is worth. I must stress that i am neither a doctor or a scientist. however I started using kava kava about 5 years ago. and yes It is an excellent anti-anxiety herb. I have even gone so far in the past to get it shipped in its raw powder state direct form vanuatu in fiji, and have drunk it on many occasions instead of alcohol for a buzz. i have also taken the capsules. both standardised and non standardised for ongoing anxiety relief.

a couple of years ago a report came out in germany linking about 20/30 people with various degrees of liver problems with the possible use of kava kava. I believe there was one death. however i read as much as I could at the time about this report. it seems all or most of thses sufferers were taking a variety of drugs and over the counter herbal medicines which could be blamed. also many were alcoholics or big drinkers which also raises liver activity. anyway to be on the safe side i got my blood work checked out and my liver was functioning normally. that was after a couple of years of regualr kava use.

Another part of this to remember is that for the million using kava on a daily basis, this is a failry isolated and rare occurance. no such figures have come out of uk or America. it isnt even banned in america. and they love their health and safety laws.

I personally think it was a knee jerk reaction to a substance that was clearly very powerfull but was totally un regulated and the losers are those that were getting great benefits from it. i expect to see it back in our stores in due course but maybe with more controls on its preperation and distribution.

If i were to take it now, i would just make sure i dont take it every day if possible. also i wouldnt mix it with alcohol or take during a hangover just to make sure that the liver isnt getting any aggro.

Just my opinion. I now use EFT www.emofree.com
instead of kava and valerian and I find it works better. and i dont have to carry round an assorted box of pills.

all the best

paul

nina
12-03-04, 17:00
Thanks Paul for the info i think iw ill get some again-will it be ok from that site? I have been doing the eft-is that the tapping? maybe i am not doing it right or enogh! as not seen much benefit and i do want it to work-have you got to do it when you feel panicky tho-as i would look fuuny walking along doing it!
Nina x

nina

paulgray
12-03-04, 17:04
hi nina,

i have ordered kava from that site myself a few times, have spoken to them in person. all seemd ok. kava arrived ok etc..

re EFT my email is paulnsarah2002@yahoo.com drop me a line and we can go thru it. i dont want to hog the channel here.

regards

paul

nomorepanic
12-03-04, 21:58
Paul

You are not hogging the channel - we all appreciate your comments and you are not boring us or filling the page with useless info.

Please feel free to post here Paul at any time.

Nicola

paulgray
13-03-04, 10:03
thanks nicola :)

bit of social anxiety rearing its head there i feel [:I]

nomorepanic
13-03-04, 17:30
Paul - lol

We like to be nosy and see what you are saying but if you are more comfortable on a one to one basis then that is fine too.[:p]

Nicola

diana
13-03-04, 18:48
Hiya Nina,

Hope you are feeling a bit better, and I hope some of the suggestions are working for you.

Let us know how you are getting on with things.

Paul........ Thanks for the information, and like Nic said please feel free to post anything you feel may be helpful to someone.

We really don`t mind :).

Take care all,

Diana xxxxx

nina
15-03-04, 11:41
Hi Diana
and everyone not feeling too good. as two days would you beleive i had the panic feeling even in my own garde-couldn't move felt trapped and couldn't breath-just wnet to feed the rabbit. Leaves me feeling washed out too. any suggestions. i think well if i feel this bad at home-what happens if i get one so bad out/
Nina x

nina

diana
15-03-04, 13:38
Nina,

Sorry that you are not feeling well right now.

Not to worry to much Nina, we all have set backs.

Just try to take small steps, and take your time.

Everytime you do something that you knew once brought on panic the tasks will get easier. Though they may be hard at first just keep doing them until finally the panic will subside. You`ll see, it does get easier.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Take care,

Diana xxxx