PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new person

Tacey
23-03-06, 14:58
Hi!
Hmm, hope this works, I'm not too great with technology!

I'm really pleased to have discovered this site. I've had a really big fear of needles and blood circulation (can barely write that without feeling faint!) for about 10 years (I'm 21 now). Unfortunately it just seems to be getting worse so I wanted to see if I could do something about it. It's starting to have a really negative effect on my life and I don't like feeling out of control. Hopefully after spending a while on here I may find some other people who are in a similar position!

Maybe I'll speak to some of you online in the future!

Alexandra
23-03-06, 15:00
Hi Tacey

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & advice on here.

Take Care

Alex

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Blue Child
23-03-06, 15:08
Hiya Tacey....welcome to you from another newbie. All I can say is you are among friends. I joined yesterday and I can honestly say that it is the best thing I have ever done. We can support each other and look out for each other too. Once again....big welcome to you xxxxxxx

Tacey
23-03-06, 15:27
Thanks both of you! I'm so pleased to have found this site. It great to be able to talk things through - maybe I'm not so weird for my phobia after all!

trac67
23-03-06, 15:36
Hi Tacey,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Karen
23-03-06, 17:58
Hi Tacey

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Meg
23-03-06, 18:21
Hey Tacey,

Whats all this stemmed from .

Try and organize some specific phobia help via your GPor privately . It will have been seeded from something and if you get that experience sorted in your mind and learn more about why you are terrified it will help

The faint bit is normal - just part of the natural response to accumlulated fear. Remove the trigger and the dizziness vanishes too

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

sal
24-03-06, 16:42
Hi Tacey

Pleased you have found the forum and we will help you all we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".