PDA

View Full Version : Mum doesnt understand my HA

Em.ma
28-12-10, 11:57
:mad:

Hi, I have only suffered from HA since may of this year. It all started when i get hit on the head with a stone and was convinced i had severe brain damage or a bleed from it. Ever since then i have had weird sharp pains in my temples which last 5 seconds then go :\/ these have stopped now and i get a different kind of feeling on top of my head which doesnt hurt but feels funny. At the moment i have a frontal headache and feel faint.
I have been to my GP 20 times in 6 weeks and she has now reffered me to speak to a counessler which is what i wanted in the 1st place as talking really helps me. The thing is when the referell letter came through my mum opened it even though it was addressed to me. she laughed and said "why dont u just stop thinkinh your going to die" i tried explaning how its hard to stop thinking these things but she never listens, she just shouts and says "is this how its all going to be" "your to young to have a stroke" she brings me to tears because she says it in such a nasty voice.

Also i have a had a faint feeling for days. I feel all dizzy and lightheaded all the time even when im not worrying about it. I also have tummy pains on my left and right side when i press against my abdomen. Really worrying me.. could it be tense muscles? i have sore back, shoulder, chest muscles, weak arms and legs and headaches all the time. I find my self in tears all the time about this and want to be normal again.

Also to top it all off i swalloed a bit of washing up liquid this morning? is this harmful.

Sorry for the long post lol. but i feel its the only the place i can get my feelings accross.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 13:12
i need help with the washing up liquid thing lol?
my mum had left a little bit of the pure liquid ( not the bubbles) and i accidently put my toast and fingers in it then put it in my mouth and i could taste it really strongly.
Have not thrown up yet but am burping a lot (which is normal for me anyway) and i can still taste it haha.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 13:14
also i have been coughing more again and my throat feels a little soar.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 13:30
Hi hun.to start of no the liquid cant hurt u chick.will juzt taste nasty in ur mouth for a while.l
im.sorry ur mum isnt supporting u.ive had anxiety for 4yrs now and mine started with a panic attack that convinced me there was something wrong with myheart and ive had every illness going since then.my boyfriend struggled for two yrs to understand what was wrong with me but now he gets it.u will get alot of people who dont underztand.bcause we dont look pbysically ill people dont believe us!u will alzo get people saying "get a grip"grrrr i hate that!!im glad ur getting counsilling.mine starts in tbe new yr.maybe u will b offered anxiety management then mayb ur mum could attend with u and she will b able to understand it abit more.big hugs kirsty xxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 13:38
Thank you for replying.
Also ive urinated 3 times in the last hour and half but all ive had to drink is one coffee and a pint of water today. Also the last time i went it was nearly a white colour liquid. My tummy also hurts and i feel dizzy, i hate this. my dad wants my help now anyway, i told him i felt ill and all he says is "well you dont look ill" :@

kirstyt
28-12-10, 13:50
Wen me and my bro were younger my mum uzed to put washin up liquid in our mouths everytime we swore and we used to swollow it bcsuse we thought it was funny lol and we were both ok.the reason u r weeing alot and u feel dizzy eith a bad tummy is all the normal anxiety symptoms im afraid.wen my anxiety is really high i can wee nearly every ten minutez hun.xxxx

kirstyt
28-12-10, 14:26
It is a good article u should give it a read.also ibe just read on here the explaining every symptom of panic and anxiety and explains wby everything happens.give that a read to its helped me loads.xxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 14:30
Thanks Dahlia. I told my mum about the article and all she said was "well i dont beleive anything i hear on the internet" *rolls eyes*.
My mum has never been the understanding type anyway so i dont know why i let it bother me.
Im dreading Swine Flu at the moment because i think my cold symptoms are coming back.
Also is it normal when you burp to vomit a bit in your mouth. Because it just happened about 10 mins ago and that makes me worry about the washing up liquid even more.

My GP as of yet has not let me have a CT or MRI to reassure me because he keeps insisting its not necessary :\ i had my eyes tested 2 months ago and my optician also saw no reason for one but im still scared.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 14:33
It is a good article u should give it a read.also ibe just read on here the explaining every symptom of panic and anxiety and explains wby everything happens.give that a read to its helped me loads.xxx

Im going to give that a read. Im also terrified for my mum at the moment as she has flu and the thought of anything happening to her (how ever much she annoys me) makes me want to cry. Im terrified she'll get Pnemonia or something from having flu. She smokes 6/7 a day but shes a normal healthy weight so im hoping she fights it off.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 14:34
Do u know an eye test can tell hundreds of things that r wrong with u..so u really dont need to worru?and im always burpin and bein sick in my mouth.but mines acid reflux xxc

Em.ma
28-12-10, 14:37
yep i have acid reflux to, was on Amoxcillin and Erthmcyin( cant spell that) for a while and it gave me indigestion so bad i was cyring and puking all night once. It spread to my back (which was so painful i cried and was up from 1am and cudnt go back to sleep) ever since then ive had stomach issues.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 14:40
Bless you emma.its a scary thing anxiety.plays allsorts of horrid tricks on us.my daughter had bronchitus a few wks ago and i was petrified then my son got ill and i thought ohhh no there dropping like flys and im gunna b nxt.but there loads better now!pls give the article a read.u will start to understand alot more on why all theze horrid symptoms r happening and why!also look up charles lindon on the internet.he specializes in anxiety and panuc disorders and readin what he said made so much sense to me and really helped me understand xxxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 14:42
the funny thing is i was on antibiotics because i was paranoid about having weils diease which is SO rare its not even worth thinking about haha.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 14:43
My acid reflux is really bad to the point where i cant breath or eat.i also found out that it causes ur heart to beat funny.so im relieved about that cayse i thought there was sumthing really wrong with my heart!xxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 14:46
B4 health anxiety i never knew stress could bring on so many physical smpytoms. I still faint and funny now (ive had this for 5 days, i had a really bad headache one day last week, so of course there realated and im going to have a stroke, i also get numb in one hand a foot and tingly grrrr)

I also went through the "heart attack" phase. Everytime i breathed in i swear my heart was beating about 5 beats. I was aware of my breathing all time it was horrible. I still have chest pains but i know its because im sitting all tensed up all the time.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 14:56
Theres hundreds of symptoms it can bring on.our brains r powerful things.can convince us of anything.but once u start to understand it u can start to control it!i still have days like yesterday i kept grttin shootin pains in my temple so i waz convinced it was something bad.so i had a relaxin bath and played on the ps3 for an hour and forgot all about it!u need to start distractin urself.and wen u do it will start to get easier.xxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 15:00
Theres hundreds of symptoms it can bring on.our brains r powerful things.can convince us of anything.but once u start to understand it u can start to control it!i still have days like yesterday i kept grttin shootin pains in my temple so i waz convinced it was something bad.so i had a relaxin bath and played on the ps3 for an hour and forgot all about it!u need to start distractin urself.and wen u do it will start to get easier.xxx

I like to spend as much time with my friends as possible. There was a time when i feared being home alone and would keep a phone next to me at all times so i could phone 999 if something did happen haha.
I have dreams aswell sometimes of me having cancer (thing is i dont fear cancer)
Also how long does this taste in ur mouth after swaolling washing up liquid last for? its really worrying me lol.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 15:10
How much washin up liquid did u swollow?the taste could last all day.i csn still taste body lotion that i put on last night.i got abit under my nail then had sumthing to eat and sucked my finger.it tasted dog lol xx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 15:13
proberly about a teaspoon of liquid i think haha.
Also is clear urine normal? like no colour at all. Freaking me out ahhhh. I end up tasting my lotion i put on a lot haha.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 15:20
Can u describe what u mean as clear urine hun?urine can change colur alot!xx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 15:33
It just looks like water, no yellow colour to it at all. That + the faint feeling that wont go is making me feel horrible.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 15:38
Thats fine hun.mines the same!mines cloudy in the morning then gets clearer as the day goes on!honest!ur only dizzy bcsuse u r so worked up.u need to distract urself.read a book or go fir a little walk.get sum fresh air in ur lungs xxx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 15:48
thanks, i keep coughing and more throat is sore so the next thing ill worry about is that im going to stop breathing :@ stupid washing up liquid lol.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 15:55
Its probably just irratated ur throat abit tbats all.and trust me,u wont stop breathing!lol.i hyperventalated nearly everyday for months and im still here!hehe.if ur ever worried about anything srnd me a message,will try to help u as much as i can.im abit of a expert now lol xx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 16:13
thank you. its just terryfing lol and really bad at the moment.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 16:21
I know its scary hun.but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.i can nearly see it and so will u.u will b getting ur counsilling soon and that will b a great help for u.but u need to learn to distract ur thoughts!do u have any hobbiez?xx

Em.ma
28-12-10, 16:27
I distract my self by talking to people like my friends over the phone or going to play a game or something.
Btw is a feeling like im slipping all time normal. i feel like my back is always slipping down the seat im sitting in.

kirstyt
28-12-10, 16:38
Thats weird bcause i had that feelin last nite wen i was sat on my bed.but it felt like i was movin backwards!im not sure what it is but i guess its all part and parcel of anxiety hun xx