PDA

View Full Version : are all these symptoms just anxiety?

miniholly
28-12-10, 15:31
right, so today i've decided im finally going to hit the nail on the head and convince myself EVERYTHING is just anxiety but i need a bit of ressaurance doing so so i'm going to list most of my symptoms i have had/have but been told its due to anxiety, has anyone ever had:

rapid heartbeat (have, my boyfriends noticed it, i get nervous when i'm around people sometimes)
pulled muscle type feeling (have,been told its muscle tension)
bruised feeling (had, acid reflux causes it)
loss of appetite (had but comes back sometimes)
chest pains (had, comes back sometimes if i'm overly stressed)
constipation (sometimes get it)
shortness of breath (only with panic attacks)
pain in ribs (when worrying)
lymph nodes (okay, maybe not anxiety but its always been a main worry of mine)
headaches (usually get these when i get myself all worked up)
feeling tired (usually when i get myself worked up aswell)

so has anyone had any of those?
thank you all for reading! xxx

kirstyt
28-12-10, 15:35
Ive had all them and more hun!definate anxiety!have u read any articles on here about symptoms of panic and anxiety.u should bcsuse it helps alot cc

ash1807
28-12-10, 15:43
Certainly all of them anxiety related. Many more to add to your list

miniholly
28-12-10, 15:56
thank you both it sounds awful but its nice to know i'm not alone, and i think i will check out those articles kirstyt :) i think the most troubling one is the pulled muscle feeling which ive had for 4 months everyone's told me its muscle tension i think its time i finally started to believe them.
i've had so many more symptoms than this aswell like a tingly feeling in my hands x

kirstyt
28-12-10, 16:04
Do read up as much as u can bcause the more u start to understand the feelings and symptoms the easier it is to start to cope with it all xx

Ella_Jayne
28-12-10, 16:15
I've had 90% of them.

They have anxiety written all over them.

miniholly
28-12-10, 16:58
thanks again kirstyt :)
and i'm starting to realise its anxiety a bit better now, hoping all these aches and pains go away soon though! xx

katiebean
28-12-10, 17:07
Exactly like me hun!!! The more I read, the more assured I feel. It's horrible, I know, but once you can pinpoint it and convince yourself that it is all coming from anxiety, your'e at least half way there. This website is fanastic for that. xx

miniholly
28-12-10, 17:22
i feel this website has helped me a lot. i've never had any scans done on my pains but i don't think i'd want to seeing as i've had these pains for so long it obviously must just be anxiety rather than something serious. doctors have never been alarmed by any of my symptoms either, i thought my pulled muscle feeling was my spleen about to rupture for months until my doctor had a feel around the area and said it wasn't even swollen! i felt like a right fool xxx

katiebean
28-12-10, 17:27
Don't feel like a fool!!! I went to 3 different doctors over 1 week with pains in my chest. It was all muscular. The last Doctor (my usual GP) drew me a picture of my ribcage and where my muscles were inflamed. It is horrid!!! I honestly thought it was my heart. In the end i looked up symptoms of a heart attack on NHS direct and could see straight away that it wasn't the case! Health anxiety can be a bit of a pig, but it is just anxiety.

agnes
28-12-10, 18:11
Don't feel foolish, holly, i imagine most of us on here have visited our GP with an anxiety symptom that we think is something far worse...its all a part of anxiety and most doctors understand that.

Bear in mind that, when you're anxious, all your muscles tense up and can feel quite uncomfortable...xxx

miniholly
28-12-10, 20:02
thanks agnes :) its nice that i'm not the only one, all my friends think i'm silly for worrying over a slight ache or pain. for about 2 years now my main worry has been lymphoma but i'm starting to think if it was i would feel very very ill by now and if it was my spleen i'd surely know about it, i do a lot of heavy lifting at college as i do animal care so i'm pretty sure if there was something seriously wrong with me i wouldn't do ANY of that xxx

miniholly
02-01-11, 23:22
just a quick update :)
the pulled muscle feeling that has been my main worry for the past 6 months is slowly going! i hope lol, well i'm not holding my breath but its not had an appearance for 2 days nearly and its always constantly been there and i've been very very very relaxed the past week (taking hot baths, going out etc.) which just goes to show the flipping pain was just anxiety in the first place

sandy40
03-01-11, 10:03
Hi can i ask what you exactly meaan with the pulled muscle feeling?i also have alot of of pain across my shoulders and down my arms,my arms feel heavy and shaky alot can this be anxiety?

miniholly
10-01-11, 17:32
hi sandy sorry for the late reply been a bit busy!
it basically just feels like a constant pulled muscle feeling, some days are worse than others depending on how stressed i feel or the way i sleep :) its not been as bad lately though due to me feeling less stressed quite bad today as i've had a couple of panic attacks!
and if you suffer from a lot of anxiety and having a lot of pain across your shoulders and down your arms with them feeling heavy and shaky i would almost definitley say thats anxiety. anxiety can mimic all sorts of aches and pains related to other illnesses. anxiety can be a cruel thing xxx