PDA

View Full Version : new recruit

cooley2274
28-12-10, 16:53
hi everyone,
new boy in town.certainly not new to anxiety:weep::weep:i am also new to forums.:)i am very impressed at the kindness of all the nice people suffering anxiety working as a team upbuilding and strenghening one another:) i would love any advice or suggestions about a symptom of my anxiety which is very frustrating i call it "getting stuck" when speaking i am very conscious of swallowing and when i do go to swallow i cant:weep:very frustrating and uncomfortable in front of people.any help would be much appreciated...thanks cooley2274:)

diane07
28-12-10, 16:56
Hi cooley2274

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

katiebean
28-12-10, 17:23
Hiya, I too am new to this whole forum thing! I've had lots of anxiety experience over the years and at times have had the 'stuck' throat thing. Like many symptoms associated with anxiety, they are difficult to explain. I reckon I just tense up (especially in a group) and that includes my throat sometimes. There is lots of help and advice on this website, I'm sure some of it will be useful to you. xx

eternally optimistic
28-12-10, 17:28
Hi there,

Glad you found the site, great place, and you get loads of reassurance and support and laughter too..

Best wishes for the future.