PDA

View Full Version : Help with bad indigestion (I think)

Ambers
28-12-10, 18:47
Hi all,

I am hoping someone will point me in the right direction here as I cant get a doctors appointment till next week...

I am recovering from a bad bout of flu. It has been a long two weeks and I am just starting to get up from bed and do things... it is a slow progress as I tire easily and still ache although the shivering/hot sweats have all passed. I still have a bad hacking cough. I have lost nearly a stone in weight and I still do not fancy eating much.

But the real reason for this post is that in the last two days I have been trying to eat again and have managed a few bits and pieces but each time I eat I get the most awful pain in my tummy and literally for hours cannot stand staight with the uncomfy full feeling and the need to blurp! I have had diarrhea too over the last few days - I suspect this may be down to the amount of pills popped during my illness. No indigestion remedies have helped at all. I ate at 1330 today and I am still in pain.

My husband is desperate to put weight on me but I am struggling to eat.

Can I add this is not down to anxiety either - I do believe it may be a form of indigestion? Any advice mucho appreciated..

Does it sound like indegestion?

Thank you

ladybird64
28-12-10, 19:19
HI Ambers

I'm wondering if this could be muscular. I know it sounds daft but if you have been mainly in bed with the flu and not able to move much, your muscles might be feeling the strain.

Also, although the cough affects mostly the chest area, it still causes a ton of strain on the tummy muscles..I am feeling something similar each time I cough.

What type of indigestion remedies have you tried so far?

Ambers
28-12-10, 19:28
Hi, thank you for your reply.
I have taken usual over the counter stuff such but this never worked. Doctor had given me some capsules to take an hour before a meal (sorry I cant remember name and they are downstairs in kitchen - and I am so tired/lazy I cant bring myself to go and check name). But again they didn't work before and I find by just taking tabs can give me indiestion as I gulp down air at the same time?

Anyway - maybe you are right about straining! Def a possibility and I haven't really moved much for the duration of the flu. It is a nightmare isn't it have you had it too? It certainly took away any anxiety for me, I was too knocked out to worry lol

ladybird64
28-12-10, 19:34
Hiya hun.

No I have had the flu jab because I'm severely asthmatic but manged to get this flu like virus which went straight to my chest, sparked off the asthma and I'm still blooming coughing!

Maybe try eating very light stuff of the milky and horribly bland variety..you know, school dinners type stuff lol. Don't force yourself to eat too much, maybe very small amounts but more often.

If you are anxious it will make any tummy probs ten times worse so try not too get too stressed about the food situation..I'm sure that as you start to recover it will improve, hope you feel better soon x

Ambers
28-12-10, 19:45
Thank you... will def try to eat small and often. I am not too worried about weight but I get so much nagging from my (worried) husband.

I hope your asthmatic cough gets better... as a fellow sufferer I know it is not fun. xx

Zee
28-12-10, 21:15
Hi Ambers. What is the tummy pain like ? Ive been having twinges on and off for couple of days like sharp, stabbing jolt.. This morningn though when it happened I was hungry and as I reached to the spot I felt an air bubble. I havent eaten properley for quite some time so it may be that your system just needs to get back to regular eating again.