PDA

View Full Version : whats brain-fag?

giddy
23-03-06, 16:22
Hi
I keep coming across the term brain-fag - can anyone tell me what it is?
thanks
Helen

Sheik N Shimmy
23-03-06, 16:33
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi
I keep coming across the term brain-fag - can anyone tell me what it is?
thanks
Helen

<div align="right">Originally posted by giddy - 23 March 2006 : 16:22:00</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Haven't heard of brain-fag - but it sounds like a cigarette made with illicit drugs which heightens your sense of awareness. [Wow!] [Yeah!]

Brain-fog however is where you find it difficult to concentrate [xx(]

Keep On Keepin On

giddy
23-03-06, 17:07
LOL

its mentioned in the Claire Weekes books

'although he was no longer afraid of the symptoms of nervous illness he still watched for the build up especially the brain-fag'

?!?

Spice
23-03-06, 17:11
Hi

Brain fag - brain fatigue or mental exhaustion

Hope this helps

Love
Spice
xxx

kellynwv
23-03-06, 20:43
I think brain fag means... spaced out feeling.

Trev
23-03-06, 22:25
Spice hit it on the head. Mental fatigue / exhaustion.

Claire Weekes compares it to somebody revising for exams. You cram as much info as you can, going over the same stuff a million times until you can't take any more in. Normally, someone revising would stop and go and chill and do something else for a while (or a week in my case!! :D).
Someone with anxiety is the same except they never rest. They study their problem over and over and over again in their mind but never take that break and so the mind doesn't get any relaxtion to recharge it's batteries.

Cheers,
Trev :D

giddy
24-03-06, 18:02

kellynwv
24-03-06, 18:36
Well I get the spaced out feeling! lol

I hate it when I get it at work, I dont' mind so much when I am at home.. I Just lay down and watch tv.

sal
24-03-06, 23:28
Hi Giddy

Pleased you got the answer. How are you doing?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

giddy
25-03-06, 08:43
Thanks for all your replies. Sal, I'm doing OK thanks, anxiety seems to be lessening, not all day every day anymore, but I'm still getting all the horrible symptoms - palps, ectopics, heat, dizziness etc etc!!! - at least they don't usually lead to a PA any more. Guess all I need now is time!!
Helen