PDA

View Full Version : Headache Symptom?

reddevil
28-12-10, 20:28
Since the 22nd December, I have had this headache, which has been present since, but did vanish several times over the duration (headaches are what started me off with anxiety 10 years ago, which I had one for a year until my anxiety moved onto different body parts etc).

Since today, the headache symptom has changed, it hurts when I move my eyes left, right or up and down and I have a cough.

I was wondering if this could this be a head cold (sinus problem) and nothing more sinister?

Red

pd
28-12-10, 20:32
When my sinuses are bad I get headaches that sound a little like this. Try inhaling some steam into your sinuses, and maybe something like vapour rub?

Em.ma
28-12-10, 21:37
i just got some really weird sharp pains at the back of my head. they lasted a second each time and now the back of my head feels funny. is this from having tense muscles in my neck?

AlexandriaUK
28-12-10, 21:47
They sound like Ice Pick headaches which I get when I have had a tension headache for a while, usually last a week or 2 and then ease off and then come back and then maybe go for months before I have another attack.
Most headaches are completely benine but do consider getting your eyes tested as this can often be a cause of bad heads.
Try a warm flannel on the back of your neck or get OH to massage you muscles round the neck they can get tense if you are feeling anxious, hope you feel better soon.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 21:51
They sound like Ice Pick headaches which I get when I have had a tension headache for a while, usually last a week or 2 and then ease off and then come back and then maybe go for months before I have another attack.
Most headaches are completely benine but do consider getting your eyes tested as this can often be a cause of bad heads.
Try a warm flannel on the back of your neck or get OH to massage you muscles round the neck they can get tense if you are feeling anxious, hope you feel better soon.

Hi :) thanks for the advice.
I actually had my eyes tested 2 months ago and he said they were perfect and he couldnt find anything. He did spend a good 3 mins looking into my eyes.

Em.ma
28-12-10, 22:20
there really scray though haha, and now my forehead is strating to hurt

Em.ma
28-12-10, 22:31
im scared now, ive been dizzy for 4 days or so and now that pain (got me thinking Anerysum) again :(

Em.ma
28-12-10, 22:32
also i have had a cold which seemed to stop yesterday and come back today and my nose is running slightly today :( makes me think its something serious coming from my brain lol.

uk23
28-12-10, 23:59
Sounds like blocked sinus to me, if you have a Boots near you then you could try a bottle of nose stuff, not sure whats its called but its about £5 and made by Sterimar. Its basically a nasal spray but only contains salt and water. Its superb and can really help.

Anxious_gal
29-12-10, 00:06
does it hurt when you bend your head? could be a sinus problem.

macc noodle
29-12-10, 00:14
Blocked sinuses are incredibly painful and can affect all the areas you describe, including round the back of the head (near base).

Keep up the steam inhalation (with added Vick if you have any) and take paracetomol every 6 hours. Try gentle massaging with your fingers around the tender areas on face and head - small circular movements and breathe in and out for the count of 5 whilst you are doing it - it might just help.

Hope you feel better soon.