PDA

View Full Version : Week off work at Christmas

Towers
29-12-10, 08:58
Hi,

Is it just me or does anyone else hate having a week off work at Christmas?
I am partly agoraphobic so if I don't have to go to work I tend to stay at home - which is what I do at weekends (but at least they are only 2 days). Over Christmas/New year there are 10 days in a row - so I'm wishing January 4th would get here!

:shrug:

befuddled1
29-12-10, 10:06
I don't like being off work, makes me feel out of control of things.

HVC
29-12-10, 10:31
I'm exactly the same.. I have agoraphobia used to be confined to my house as a teenager but now only when it comes to going abroad and out of my usual routine. So its the same for me, I had a bout of anxiety this time last year and have it again. Had my first panic A on Christmas Eve. I am back in work on the 4th and will be glad to get back to a routine (how sad is that)

My husband went back to work today and my son is away in his dads so I am home alone, I am also in the process of going back on Cit medication so having a bit of a rough time while it gets into my system.. so I'm going attempt to get my butt down the gym and have a light work out. Distraction is the key !!

Helen.

spiral
29-12-10, 10:55
I'm a teacher so get 2 full weeks off - hate being out of my routine makes me anxious and bored!

Towers
29-12-10, 13:42
Hi,

Thank you for all your replies. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. One of my work colleagues always takes 2 weeks off at christmas and christmas eve which adds up to 17 days off!

HCV: I have also been prescribed Citalopram but have not yet taken any - as I know I will probably feel worse for the first few weeks.

charliepanayi
29-12-10, 19:08
I agree completely, I am not agoraphobic but having so much time off work just leaves me too much time to think and dwell on negative thoughts (I don't have much of a social life to occupy me). I'm insanely bored right now, each day has been a carbon copy of the previous and I'm wishing January 4th would hurry up!

Even during the year I rarely take more than two days off work at a time, as I just can't find anything to do during my time off and wind up worrying about how much work there'll be if I stay away too long.

eternally optimistic
29-12-10, 20:09
I like a bit of routine, but am really enjoying this christmas break as I felt like I was going to pop with anxiety.

annette1
30-12-10, 18:41
I also teach & have 2wks off. On one hand I really needed a break on the other like some of you I find I need the routine of work but i'm inclined to isolate my ptsd brain during holidays & then find it hard when i go back.
It's difficult getting the right balance isn't it, i feel like i could do with next week off too.

Eamon
06-05-13, 10:48
Hi
I feel the same. I have long lonely bored weekends. I don't really love my job but it keeps me busy. although I long for a break from work I then end up spending weekends in doors feeling lonely.
Best wishes