PDA

View Full Version : Not quite right

AnxiousM
29-12-10, 10:18
Does anyone ever get a feeling that something is not quite right? I've not long sorted my head out and was getting back to normal when all of a sudden l kind of felt weird, like I was conscious of my breathing one evening and had a troubled sleep. I put it down to gas as I over indulged on the Christmas food.

I feel like my mind is waiting for my body to do something, like an impending dread.

I've been to the doctors within the last month and had blood tests that show 100% ok. Do I feel a bit funny because I'm tired? I don't tend to think about this when I'm distracted and not alone.

Does anyone else feel this way?

AnxiousM
29-12-10, 23:42
Just me then! :weep:

JessG
30-12-10, 00:37
Depersonalization is perhaps the scariest part of anxiety, feeling like you're not all there, or that something is missing or has/will happen. It really is just anxiety though, i get it a lot when i am really worried.

ellie_C_mason1990
30-12-10, 12:59
impending doom is the worst, i have been waiting for years now! and with me i rarely think about it but when i am on my own i start waiting again.
anxiety is extremely tiring on us physiologically and depersonalisation is a result from this, so it could be a result of being tired.
are you on meds/any cbt?x

AnxiousM
30-12-10, 15:43
I had citalopram for 4 days and it gave me horrible indigestion, loss of appetite and messed up my sleep. I felt a lot better, back to my normal self once I'd cleared my head and had some rest.

I thought I'd managed to beat it but my heart did that funny thing when it feels like it had stopped for a second and it took my breath. Probably due to indigestion or tiredness after Christmas. I managed to beat it yesterday, the funny heart flutter brings it back on. Is CBT therapy? I have a session booked soon. I just want to get rid of this feeling now. Why should I keep thinking about my health? Would my blood tests have missed anything? They came back 100% ok.

ellie_C_mason1990
30-12-10, 17:07
yeah i have been getting that funny/flutter thing a lot recently, might be due to christmas and stress. i also found i get it when i dont feel stressed at all, but perhaps its because i am unconsciously stressed. i got a lot better when i went back to Uni, and didnt feel anxious but I had a lot of work to do and my heart was up and down with adrenaline rushes! then back to square 1. are you worried that this weird heart thing is a heart problem? because its def anxiety.

cbt is therapy, hopefully it will help you back again.
your blood tests would have picked something up.
good luck!

AnxiousM
30-12-10, 17:19
I really appreciate the responses I get from posting on this website. It helps me a lot to trade my anxiety feelings with you all. You're all very kind and again, I really appreciate your responses. It's almost like a diary that answers back :)

ellie_C_mason1990
31-12-10, 09:30
hehe its ok and me too! this website is a life saver xxx

happycamper
31-12-10, 11:32
Hey AnxiousM,

Totally understand how impending doom feels like, that was one of the main things I felt for the 3 years before I realised I had an anxiety problem, a lot of that with me was a result of various crises that kept occurring with my parents, cancer X3 and other things. That caused me various physical problems which anxiety can cause such as stomach problems, tiredness/dizziness etc. Then of course I thought I had something seriously wrong with me and the viscous cycle continued!

Been on cit for 6 months now and it has been marvellous. Also see a psychologist who is retraining my negative thinking mind etc, almost the same as CBT - it's hard work but important in the recovery process. I've learned to realise there is a lot I can do to help myself.

There is light at the end of the tunnel - keep posting and hope things improve for you chuck. X