PDA

View Full Version : Worried about muscle twitches/ small limb jerks

Roadtorecovery
29-12-10, 10:22
Hi everyone

Getting somewhat worried again, I've been having for a while mow either muscle twitching which u can see under the skin and also small lb jerks I'm my arms, hands, legs.

This is usually when resting, once or twice when standing still. I
will get a very small jerk all of a sudden, and which ever limb it is will jerk slighty to one side. It doesn't hurt, I don't have any muscle weakness, sometimes my limbs will ache all day. All sunroof are worse when I'm tired or and hungover.

I've also got my numb arms when waking up back, I think this could trapped nerve, maybe inflammation etc.

I'm also noticing that my hand co-ordination isn't as good as it used to be, I find myself dropping very small objects such as car keys, fairly regulary, this worries me too, it's not Luke I'd drop something like a cup of tea, or a heavy object, only small diddly stuff? Everytime I do it I worry a little bit more!

I've still got ms on my mind, nine of my doctors think that I have it. They are sure it's anxiety related, when I mention the symptoms. My doctor does not say much but never is concerned!

Ive heard recently that there is an operation which can help some people with ms. A liberation surgery, which can reduce ms effects, great news for people who definitely have ms, makes me feel a little better as it means I don't worry quite so much as the doom and gloom of the prospect of ms is relieved slightly,

Can anyone relate to my symtoms, they are driving me somewhat mad at times!

harasgenster
29-12-10, 12:41
Hi
I have all of your symptoms and other neurological-looking ones. I got pretty scared for a while when all of my doctors suggested epilepsy.

I saw a neurologist, it wasn't epilepsy, it was anxiety. It's far more likely this is the cause with you as your doctor would be more concerned if there were any real chances of MS. Plus, my friend has MS and these sort of symptoms weren't the ones she had. She had much more severe stroke-like symptoms (so that doctors at first worried she was having a series of mini-strokes).

I think if you had MS you'd really know about it and you'd feel very ill. Your doctors would know as well :)

It's probably just anxiety, try to just trust what the doctors are doing and leave it in their hands :D

pinkprincess
31-12-10, 10:51
Hi,

I can relate to this i got my anxiety flare up again in october after i started feeling symptoms again (also panicking) i get twitchy like i cant keep my hand still it will twitch or my leg moves but not that noticable to anyone else, also my hands feel stiff and annoying sometimes, i know what you mean when you say you feel like you cant pick things up, i feel the same, its worrying but when im busy these symptoms arent there? my symptoms come and go and change all the time, my doctor said there is no medical definition for all of my symptoms, thats when i thought maybe he was right. it could be just anxiety, if you googles headache it will bring brain tumour up just like twitching or jerking brings up MS,

xx