PDA

View Full Version : Latest dose of negative thoughts

phil06
29-12-10, 14:43
Any ideas how to stop them and make my mind feel my own again? I've had them before but it's like a river of thoughts like

"I can't cope"

"If I go to a doctor they will think I'm crazy"

"I'm going crazy"

"I'll ever feel love again"

"Numb emotions..random thoughts like everything is crap..or certain stuff is crap"

"Anxiety will eventually get too much I'll have a breakdown"

"Life is crazy, life is strange"

"Maybe I'll not be able to eat, shower/clean and support myself"

"Maybe I'll go blind, lose all my senses"

"Maybe I've gone to hell?"

"Really awful thoughts about life, people, nothing making me happy"

"Being really fussy and getting thoughts like everything is ugly"

"Obsessed with luck, superstition"

An example was a few months ago at work I was heading to get lunch and felt pulled back with adrenaline fearing I'd not eat in that 30 mins break I had but luckily I did but felt some crazy thing would stop me doing it due to the thought?

I've had long term depersonalization for months and these thoughts seem to mean like I have barely felt my own "normal" mind for months? Another negative thought?

They all seem to hover around fear of not coping. No idea where it's came from really but these thoughts rattle my day and I can't seem to shut them out and not be a little frightened by them. Anybody else had them? Is there a reason for the current pattern of thinking I have?

I fear these are a psychotic mind? Will my mind go back to normal? I distract and it helps but if I never feel me again?

KK77
29-12-10, 15:43
Phil, we can't live our lives with "what if" and "maybe...". The object is not to stop these thoughts but to realise how futile and destructive they are - I mean awareness.

I think about such things sometimes - but not giving them importance will help dispel the fears. That's what they are - unfounded fears.

Look at all the things you can do NOW to improve your situation. This is what I focus on instead of what may or may not happen in the future. Some things we can alter, some things we can't. When the negative thoughts come, I just watch them and they quickly pass.