PDA

View Full Version : Reluctant to taking meds, but I regret it ?

ChrisK
29-12-10, 15:53
Hey, apparently I developed an addiction to posting threads on No More Panic :blush: so I read some posts about how people with severe, constant anxiety (which is my case) experiment with all kinds of medications, I was trying to aim for a med-free life but ever since my anxiety got more entrenched in my life, constantly ruining my quality of life, I became ever more inquisitive on anti-anxiety meds, but my doctor only prescribed me a 10 mg beta blocker, I'm 16, recent blood test shows I'm physical fine (Even though I keep rushing to E.R. for every panic attack mimicking as a heart attack), I have intrusive thoughts, I feel depersonalized and brain fogged. Can you suggest me anything ? preferably something that doesn't require prescription ?

Em.ma
29-12-10, 15:57
Hi,
im 17 and i refuse to take meds as i know ill fear that thats casuing a problem.
my way of dealing with my anxiety is talking to people that understand. thats why my family is useless last night my mum said "well you just go up stairs and think your dying then and we will see that i was right when you wake up fine tommorow" makes me so angry.

My GP wont let me have any tests done :( so im not at all convinced.

ChrisK
29-12-10, 16:00
I get that, hell! my mom thinks I'm doing it *on purpose* and throws in the guilt card.

Em.ma
29-12-10, 16:56
I know my mum thinks i should just forget about it. easily said, not so easily done though...