PDA

View Full Version : quick update

RobertFlyde
12-03-04, 10:54
Hello all,

Just a quick update to you all on my progress. Over a year without panic attacks now and still panic free, although i still get the occasional symptom i am virtually panic free. Ive done a fair bit of driving up and around the country, a nice 600 mile round trip to Bournemouth from Leeds last weekend was ok and no problems. Still going out to pubs and clubs and going to watch the footy. Working hard and may have a new job come Monday......

Still on medication though, which perhaps is the only downside, but it's only a low dosage and this is the highest amount ive been on(beta blockers-propranolol 40mg once a day) Ive got a review in a couple of weeks so maybe come off them after consulting with my doctor.

Me and my girlfriend did a bit of reminiscing last night and talked about my bad times, when i was agoraphobic and felt awful etc and looked how far i had come through this. It took me a while, but i eventually got on top of the panic attacks/anxiety and tried to get on with my life again.

Please email me if anyone wants a chat.

Take Care

Robert Flyde

Lottie32
12-03-04, 11:24
Well done Robert!

Now you're cured though, I hope that you will still pop in now and then for a chat!!!

It's good inspiration for the rest of us if you keep in touch and posted on your progress!

Well done, and I hope a happy panic free life lies ahead ....

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

nomorepanic
12-03-04, 19:49
Nice one Robert

Thanks for letting us know. Great feeling isn't it?

Please pop back again and keep us informed of any progress.

Take care!

Nicola

Laurie28
15-03-04, 14:15
Hiya Robert,

I'm glad things are working out soo well for you!

Pop in from time to time and say hiya eh!

Lucky

RobertFlyde
16-03-04, 15:31
Thanks everyone.........

I still log on to the site every week to have a read etc......

Hopefully have some good news this week as i went for a new job. Had my interview yesterday and went really well. It's for Assistant manager of a health and fitness club.......fingers crossed...

Thanks for your kind replies........

Take Care

Robert Flyde

Meg
16-03-04, 16:00
I'm really pleased for you that several things are falling into place...
Congratulations on all your hard work and stretching yourself.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
16-03-04, 20:54
Hi robert,

Just want to say congratulations on overcoming your anxiety and panic attacks. It does help us others to hear of people who have came through it and now live fairly normal lives again.

Stay in touch with the story of your success...pass on any good coping tips!!

sadie

stimpy
16-03-04, 21:21
Well done Robert!

That is fantastic.
live life to the full and enjoy it!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

RobertFlyde
17-03-04, 15:13
Thanks once again for your messages

Hopefully i should make it into the chat room soon and maybe answer questions and give out tips on how to cope and what i did to cope etc. I dont have much time at night as im busy doing stuff (mainly cooking tea for my girlfriend and spending time with her) and i spend most of my day in front of a computer, plus i try to go out on evenings to pubs, out for a meal, footy etc.... im always available for a chat during the day and if you want to ask me anything at all and give out tips etc........

Take Care

Robert Flyde

nomorepanic
17-03-04, 20:18
Robert

I am always looking for quick-help sheets for the site and the forum. You know the sort of thing - 10 things that will help you.

If you ever get the urge to do anything then it would be much appreciated.

Nicola

RobertFlyde
18-03-04, 07:53
Ok. Let me know what to do etc and i will be happy to help.

Take Care

Robert Flyde

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 19:42
Robert

If you write it then I can add it here or on the main website.

Top tips if you like.

Cheers

Nicola