PDA

View Full Version : Constant BC worry taking over!!

amandy1979
29-12-10, 17:27
Please help if you can relate to this, i just need to stop panicking. I worry about breast cancer all the time, checking, prodding, looking for anything. Before this it was cervical cancer i worried non stop for 6 years before i plucked up the courage to take a smear test which showed nothing wrong, i got into such a state my periods went all wrong! Only to return to normal after the test. Now i fear breast cancer worry will do the same, ive tried to stop googling symptoms but keep going back to doing it. The internet makes it so much worse, i try to tell myself to relax but its just horrible. I went to the doctors worrying about lumps and bumps and she sent me to cbt which i havent been able to keep up through transport issues. I feel so consumed by it. It makes me feel like im living a half life.

Kelley
30-12-10, 11:27
Hey.
I've been through the same issue myself. I worked with a lady a couple of years ago who was diagnosed a second time with it and I became so obsessed I developed OCD and became extremely I'll for a long time. I soon forgot about the breast cancer because my bodily symptoms from anxiety became really crippling which is why I sought this site. I am alot better now thanks to all the kind people in here and learning that I have issues with my thoughts rather than my physical state. I have spent quite some time now feeling 'normal' although have just found something else to obsess over which I hope passes soon!
Being afraid and aware of something doesn't put you at risk any more than your friends who don't give it a thought ;-)