PDA

View Full Version : Did I hallucinate?

shotokansho
29-12-10, 19:30
Hey everyone.

I'm a bit concerned I have never experienced this before. Now it won't leave my mind. I can't tell you about the moment because I don't remember which is scary in itself, but I know I was in the living room. I saw a door in front of me and I tried to open it, there wasn't a door there. It was like my surroundings, the people, all my living room and time wasn't there. It was very strange and was like I had lost touch with reality. Sorry if I am not making sense, this is the best way I can explain it.
I think it only lasted seconds and I did realise that I had tried to open a door that wasn't there. As soon as that had happened I got myself all confused and couldn't remember where my freezer was, twice I went to the wrong place for chips. First the cupboard then under the sink.
It has passed now and I feel myself again but it has shaken me and I can't stop thinking about this very weird occasion. Anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Kez xx

ElizabethJane
29-12-10, 19:41
Dear Kez these things can happen. It is nothing to be afraid of. You were aware that the thoughts, and sensations that you have experienced were not real? This type of experience can happen when we are under extreme stress. Also certain medications can increase the probability of this happening. I have experienced hallucinations. I looked out of the window and saw a man I knew wasn't there. I blinked and he was gone. I knew that I had experienced this as I felt sick in my stomach. I would have a chat to your psychiatrist when you next see him. If this is at all troublesome then contact your GP before then EJ.