PDA

View Full Version : cipralex

Pcdaft
29-12-10, 19:49
hi do you get much side effects of taking 5mg cipra lex as you do do taking a higher dose ?

suzy-sue
29-12-10, 19:57
If youve just started you will get side effects on any dose ,but they will not be so severe on a low dose .It will take 2-3 weeks for them to kick in and 4-6 weeks to feel the full benefit .There is a subforum for cipralex further down the page in the Medication section .Take care luv Sue x

shorty1969
29-12-10, 20:39
Hi ! I just started on cipralex over a week ago , started taking half 10 mg before going to bed , didnt notice any side effects , now taking full 10 mg before bed and still no side effects . I have found if you let your imagination run away with you and start waiting and checking for side effects , your mind will run riot , just try relax and let the meds do there work . Most people i have spoke to including my mother who take cipralex said they never got any or mild side effects . My mother has been on them for about five years now and sais they have helped ..

Pcdaft
29-12-10, 23:06
Hi ! I just started on cipralex over a week ago , started taking half 10 mg before going to bed , didnt notice any side effects , now taking full 10 mg before bed and still no side effects . I have found if you let your imagination run away with you and start waiting and checking for side effects , your mind will run riot , just try relax and let the meds do there work . Most people i have spoke to including my mother who take cipralex said they never got any or mild side effects . My mother has been on them for about five years now and sais they have helped ..

Hi thanks I hope you don't mind me asking but what age is your mum I was on them years ago but can't remember having side effects i hate taking meds. All I take is paracetamol ?xx

Pcdaft
29-12-10, 23:19

Have they helped you?xc

shorty1969
30-12-10, 12:45
My mum is 67 ! She said they took a couple of weeks to work when she started taking them . I cant realy say if i feel any difference yet with them , but i only started taking the whole 10mg about four days ago . As i said ! dont let your mind run riot thinking every wee twinge or strange feeling is a result of taking the drug . Just got to try stay positive and distract your mind from thinking negative thoughts . I know its not easy but we can get better .