PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help

Lizzyg
29-12-10, 21:14
Hi everyone I have been checking out this website and can relate to so many comments on here.

Anxiety and panic have dominated my life for as long as I can remember. I have also spent my life hiding it from my everyone that I know.

I had a diagnosis from my doctor a couple of years ago and was prescribed antidepressants. I was not depressed and did not want to go down this route.

I get periods of anxiety and panic and periods of time without. They leave me as quick as they come. When I have them my whole life is dominated with symptoms of palpitations, not being able to breathe, constant yawning and dizziness, tightness in my chest, tingling and numbness in my hands and lips, oh I could go on!

I am hoping to talk to people on here who may understand what it is like to live with this whilst pretending everything is normal.

Will it ever go away??

diane07
29-12-10, 21:15
Hi Lizzyg

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

katiebean
29-12-10, 21:22
Hi Lizzyg,
I joined a few days ago and have found this website sooooo useful and reassuring. I too, have diagnosed anxiety/panic disorder which has been with me since I was 13, now i'm 30. Having a blip at the moment with it, and restarting medication to deal with it. I'm trying a different route of not hiding it anymore at the moment, and people are suprisingly understanding, in fact, I'm suprised by how many people have been affected by similar things.
I accept that i have this disorder, it's part of what makes me me! However, I like to keep it under control.
I hope you find lots of help and support here! xx

Vanilla Sky
30-12-10, 21:01
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

ditzygirl
30-12-10, 21:18
Hi there and welcome. I am sure you will firstly find lots of support on here and realise you are NOT alone. This site is a breath of fresh air tbh, its good to be able to share honestly.

There is a lot of help too and success stories.

Here's looking forward to getting to know you bothxx