PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to have smelly gas when using laxatives?

uk23
30-12-10, 06:33
Sorry to ask but anyone?

MandySlade
30-12-10, 07:51
Gas can smell bad for a variety of reasons, the very smallest percentage of which would be anything "serious". What you eat, body chem, and of course medications, are all likely culprits. Gas is a common side effect of laxatives. If you are constipated, chances are you're "backed-up" and well, when it all gets loosened up, it's probably not going to smell like roses. Have you been eating a lot of dairy or red meat lately? because that will do it too. I really wouldnt worry about it unless it becomes a constant thing. I'm talking a week straight every day or longer.. and even then I'd still bet on it being a fixable issue.

macc noodle
30-12-10, 13:29
Worry if you have smelly gas for more than a week?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavens above the boys in my family must be in real trouble then!!!!

But(t) seriously, I am sure you will be fine although you should always try natural approaches before reaching for the laxatives anyway. Perhaps you do not need the laxatives, hence the gas issue?

Good luck
:ohmy:

football12345
30-12-10, 13:31

Heavens above the boys in my family must be in real trouble then!!!!

:ohmy:

Haha this is so true !

MandySlade
30-12-10, 17:07

I said that because extra smelly gas, far more than you "normally" have, over an extended period of time, COULD require a doctor visit... but I also made it clear that even then it's almost definitely NOT anything serious.

macc noodle
30-12-10, 17:32
Relax - I was not implying that you were stating that it could be serious - it just made me smile because I live in a house of very smelly windy men!!!!

No offence intended!

LOL

xx