PDA

View Full Version : I'm another new member

ejones
23-03-06, 19:19
Hello.
My name is Elizabeth and I suffer from acute anxiety disorder. Having read similar messages in the forum about this disorder, I find that my whole life is taken up with worry. I can only go a couple of miles from home and then have to get back. I get very frightened then I experience chest pains and also very often feel the need to find a loo very quickly, which again tends to make me very frightened to go outside.
I am on antidepresant tablets, valium, and two years ago had an operation from which I was not expected to recover (AAA) so feel I have had a second chance and want to make the most of it.
Eighteen months ago I was prescribed tablets for cholestorol, high blood pressure and underactive thyroid. I am 66 years old
I will look forward to your reply

E.Jones

Alexandra
23-03-06, 19:29
Hi Elizabeth

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
23-03-06, 21:24
Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
23-03-06, 21:57
Hello Elizabeth

Well done for doing so well after your AAA. Good on you for wanting to make the most of your new lease of life

Get your doctor to refer you for some CBT and make sure you've had recent blood tests to check your thyroid levels are stable.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

clickaway
23-03-06, 22:53
Welcome Aboard, Elizabeth.

Hope we are able to privide you with some friendly support here.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
23-03-06, 23:34
Hi Elizabeth

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Paddington
24-03-06, 08:40
hello Elizabeth,and welcome.I no you are feeling isolated with these feelings,but NOT ANY MORE!We are all here to support you and each other,it's wonderful!So glad you had a soccessful outcome to your operation,for a reason methink!Did you have your anxiety before the op?Pr has it got worde since?It's just that i had big op too four and half years ago,and i think it made my anxiety worse,just athought1love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

sal
24-03-06, 16:35
Hi and welcome to the forum. You will get so much support and understanding on here. Look forward to keeping in touch.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".