PDA

View Full Version : Two Periods in one month (stress)

Em.ma
30-12-10, 17:25
Just got home from docs to find id started my period BUT i had only had one 3 weeks ago, normally i go 5 weeks without a period. Stress? :S. at least it explains the stomach cramps i was worried about lol.

LucyR
30-12-10, 17:29
Hi, Yes, they can vary according to health factors, emotional problems and your age.

Em.ma
30-12-10, 17:35
thank you :)

nomorepanic
30-12-10, 17:37
How old are you can I ask?

scaredycatx
30-12-10, 17:38
Yeah don't worry all stress related, it's normal for periods to be all over the place when your body is under so much stress x

Em.ma
30-12-10, 17:39
i am 17

Em.ma
30-12-10, 17:42
also my last period was light and pain free. i can feel this one is going to be the opposite.

Em.ma
30-12-10, 18:07
my doctor also did my heart rate and it was 124 BPM :O! i can still feel its fast now and the pains in my chest from having tense muscles are back. how do i bring my heart rate down?

scaredycatx
30-12-10, 18:13
Try to relax hun, have a bath, watch a film, read, try and distract yourself for an hour or two and watch the symptoms ease off slightly x

Em.ma
30-12-10, 18:34
thank you x gonna try and relax soon. :D

pd
30-12-10, 18:36
At 17 your cycle is still settling down, so try not to worry.

I had two a month for about six months last year (and I'm 23, you think it would be sorted by now!), my doctor reckoned that I synchronised with both of my housemates!

Are you on any kind of hormonal contraceptive? Sometimes they can help it settle down (the pill) or make it more irregular (Implanon).

The more you focus on your heart rate the faster it will be, try to do something to take your mind off it, stop measuring your pulse, and do your best not to think about it.

Em.ma
30-12-10, 18:38
Hi, I started at age 10, so id already thought it would of settled down but i know it can mess around sometimes lol. Its been every 5 weeks for 5 years so this was a shock when i found i had started again today.
Im not on any kind of contraception. been thinking about it for months but just havnt booked an App. to see a nurse yet.

Em.ma
30-12-10, 20:12
my left hand is also really crampy now and my little finger feels kinda numb, my stroke fear is back haha

Em.ma
30-12-10, 20:14
also getting crampy in my right hand now and kinda tingly :S

Em.ma
30-12-10, 20:27
also theres this spot on the back of y head above from my left ear that keeps feelinf funny :@:@ :(

pd
30-12-10, 20:32
You seem as though you're getting yourself into a bit of a panic Emma, is there something you can do to take your mind of these sensations?

When I'm panicking I get all kinds of funny sensations like the ones you've described, I know it's hard but it really does help to try and take your mind off it. Can you have a hot bath, read a book, watch something on TV? Have you tried breathing excercises? Call a friend for a chat?

The more you focus on it, the worse it will feel, so try to get your mind onto something else, something nice and positive.

Em.ma
30-12-10, 20:54
thanks i have a really cold/numb left hand at the moment a long with dizziness and head pains :(

Em.ma
30-12-10, 21:01
and the same in my right foot now

mrsflowers1975
30-12-10, 22:10
I was going to post something very similar this evening after joining as its scared me..ive had v regular normal periods til today when i should be ovulating but have had blood.not a lot but i have been having terrible anxiety/panic attacks since christmas day..worst ever and crying way too much...my friend said its stress but my mind was screaming cancer..as it does to most things..
(actually feels much better just typing it out) x

Em.ma
31-12-10, 13:34
i know how you feel. I thought i was feeling ovulation pain until i saw blood haha.
It worries more because the one three weeks ago was pain free and the blood looked really light brown and it was pain free and light.
This one is how it always is (heavy and bloody painful)