PDA

View Full Version : pain in chest & left arm

Farr06
23-03-06, 20:05
I am currently experiencing pain in the left side of my chest and in my left arm, which is freaking me out. If its a heart thing, would it have shown up in last months blood test? Does indigestion appear like this? I have been laying awkwardly on the sofa lately doing lots of reading, laying on my right so my left shoulder is mslightly twisted - could this be the reason? Or are these the symptoms of heart problems???

Anxiety Is Evil

jackie
23-03-06, 21:09
these are my most common symptoms. the left arm thing is anxiety and muscular, i have had both for 4 years and nothing has been found yet

hope this helps
jackie

Farr06
23-03-06, 21:12
Thank you so much, but do you know why its only left arm?? I always think why doesnt anxiety affect the right one which isnt heart related!

Anxiety Is Evil

jackie
23-03-06, 21:19
that is the shtty thing about it. and yet even though we may no be aware, we are tensing the very muscles we are afraid of, so that is why it is the most likely to get sore.

read any book and they will tell you that it is almost always the left hand side.

stands to reason i guess that the parts we focus on the most are those most likely to get sore and tense and fragile

hope this helps. i wouldnt say it if i didnt mean it, you are not alone
jackie