PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Feel Tired All The Time?

ZMan
30-12-10, 21:28
I'm a 19 year old healthy guy (well my doctor insists I am lol) and for a while now I've been feeling tired all the time.

Today is my only day off during Mon-Fri from work and as I'm always tired I ended up sleeping till about 1pm - even then when I got up and it's the same when I always get up I don't feel as if I got a good sleep.

I used to be ok for waking up and getting out of bed but nowaday's its difficult getting up when I need to be places for 9am etc.

I know I grind my teeth very badly at night-time in bed and can wake up with a sore jaw and sore teeth. I also sometimes awake with a sore throat but thats the only two things I can think of.

It's weird cos I woke at 1pm but even now I'm lying in bed on my laptop knackered, this is definitely not normal for a 19 year old.

PanchoGoz
30-12-10, 21:48
I hate to say it but, see a doc! Might just be you are low on some nutrients and a blood test would show that. Eg. low iron makes you tired and depressed.
You might want to bug your dentist about the tooth grinding as well. I did and they gave me an orthodontic splint which totally relieved the pressure from my jaw. That would be causing the soar throat too, thats a symptom of bruxism.
You could also try changing your sleeping habits, make youself go to bed at 10 and get up at 10. Thats what I have to do in the holidays.
Take care :)

ZMan
30-12-10, 22:41
I hate to say it but, see a doc! Might just be you are low on some nutrients and a blood test would show that. Eg. low iron makes you tired and depressed.
You might want to bug your dentist about the tooth grinding as well. I did and they gave me an orthodontic splint which totally relieved the pressure from my jaw. That would be causing the soar throat too, thats a symptom of bruxism.
You could also try changing your sleeping habits, make youself go to bed at 10 and get up at 10. Thats what I have to do in the holidays.
Take care :)

Thanks for your reply.

I'm actually waiting on blood test results from the doctors which I should hopefully find out on soon.

Other than that, I reckon I just need to concentrate on eating and drinking well, going to bed at the right times and keeping active. Sounds easy in practice :roflmao:

ewood79
31-12-10, 06:50
Anxiety takes a bit out of you thats for sure!!! if your mind is chatter chatter chatter it is hard to turn off and rest hence why we get tired.... i find in periods of anxiety i get very tired especially when im relaxed etc after some anxiety.