PDA

View Full Version : back cancer

saintdee
30-12-10, 23:41
hi all.

i have had a bad lower back for nearly 2 months now. it first started after playing football one Sunday. the next day i woke up and whenever i bent in certain ways or moved in certain ways it feels like a little sharp knife digging in. the doc first said pulled muscle and gave me ibuprofen, i went back after a few weeks and they reckon could be trapped nerve. i can walk for miles and it don't hurt or if i sit or lay down it don't hurt, only if i moved in certain ways does it hurt. i am getting worried it may be cancer? can anyone help me?

PokerFace
30-12-10, 23:48
We can get back cancer?! Didn't know that D;

Anyway, it definatley does sound like a trapped nerve if it only hurts if you move in a certain way. You have to trust your doctors diagnosis cuz they know about these things better than us/google/scare stories. Has the doctor gave you any advice of what you could do to untrap it/ease it? x

suzy-sue
31-12-10, 00:15
If you had a tumour on your spine (cancer).You would know it .You would be in a lot of pain all the time .You will be fine .it just takes time to settle down .The Dr could refer you for Psyiotherapy or you could pay private to see a chiropracter .Both could help . t/c sue x

Dizz
31-12-10, 00:27
I agree... see a chiropractor. Not expensive and absolutely brilliant x x

nomorepanic
31-12-10, 00:42
Back cancer does exist and we know someone that has just been diagnosed with it.

She was in tremendous amounts of pain though and on morphine so I think you would know if it was that.

Sounds like just a back problem to me.

I have had back ache for many many months now but guess I am sitting/sleeping wrong so aggrevating it

mark01234
23-02-11, 10:58
A primary tumor or metastasis to the spine tends to cause unremitting back pain that worsens at night and is accompanied by systemic disease and abnormal laboratory findings.
Infection typically causes focal pain, an elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate (the most sensitive laboratory test) and C-reactive protein level, and sometimes neurologic signs and symptoms.
Fractures cause focal pain and should be suspected especially in older white women and patients who take corticosteroids or who have ankylosing spondylitis.
Plain radiography can help detect fractures, but magnetic resonance imaging is needed to evaluate spinal tumors, soft tissue infections, and epidural abscesses, and to further evaluate neural compression due to fractures.

allergyphobia
23-02-11, 11:05
Hi.

I know somebody who had a spinal tumour. He was on lots of morphine and once diagnosed went downhill very quickly, he passed away very quickly.

I am not saying this to scare you but to reassure you that if you had a spinal tumour, you would certainly know about it.

Back pain can be very awful and complicated, my boyfriend has a lot of back pain, there are so many nerves discs and muscles. Try to get a proper diagnosis from a doctor then head to a physio or chiropracter.

sandy40
23-02-11, 13:08
Oh im in a complete panic reading this post,my back has been sore for months and getting worse,back cancer is what is on my mind..im scared to see my gp,he will do bloods again i couldnt stand it,im scared to the point of im in a cold sweat and feel awful.

Greenman50
23-02-11, 17:38
Sandy , theres millons of people with bad backs , its just a bad back !

Its HA thats makeing you think this way . You have had the blood tests your fine honestly :D

sandy40
23-02-11, 19:33
Its so sore though,up to my neck,and the lower part hurts and my back rib area..im flippin in a state,i know if i go to my gp he will either take bloods..or tell me its my anxiety,im turning into Eggy..no offence Eggy as i totally understand all your fears i truelly do..

Greenman50
23-02-11, 20:36
How long have you had the bad back Sandy ?