PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

stu398
31-12-10, 01:16
Hello everyone,

I'm, as I'm sure you can guess, new to this forum. I'm a 20 year old Uni student, and I've been suffering with quite severe anxiety and health anxiety since September - it completely hit me out of the blue in the form of a panic attack, which was terrifying.
Since however, I've been receiving CBT, and put on Propranolol, and it seemed to be doing well - I slowly started to feel better, and more like myself. However, since coming home for the holidays, I feel like I'm starting to slip back into my old ways, with anxiety creeping up on me all the time.
I can probably put this down to a couple of things - I haven't been getting much sleep, having afew nights at the pub with friends who I haven't seen in months and generally just lying around at home, but it's concerning...
Anyway, I've been reading this forum for quite a wee while, and thought it's probably time to join!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and I wish everyone the best for the New Year!

Speak soon,

Stu

diane07
31-12-10, 01:17
Hi stu398

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
31-12-10, 01:21
Hi Stu :welcome:. Try not to worry too much, I'm sure things will improve again when you catch up on your sleep, get back into your uni routine and get a chance to do some more work on the CBT x

ChrisK
31-12-10, 02:30
Welcome, you'll find lots of support here and being around with like-minded people has a relief affect, knowing you're not alone. :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
31-12-10, 11:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
31-12-10, 11:34
Hi Stu, welcome aboard x:welcome:

stu398
31-12-10, 15:23
Thank you for all the kind words :)
Hope everyone has a good night tonight, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Stu

LGS
31-12-10, 22:53
Hi Stu
I hope you are ok? I am pleased this website exists as there are many people like you and I who deal with this.
You are not alone and hi to admin.